Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Legacy toys revealed

The Legacy version of Galvatron, next to the Kingdom version, to show what it looks like without the paint apps, and to see that the orange cannon is also missing its paint.

The Legacy version of Blaster looks to have a new face, but I guess they still had Kingdom faces left over, and it will look like a running change.
    The new face has a smirk, while the old face is very serious.

The Legacy version of Blaster looks to have a new face, but I guess they still had Kingdom faces left over, and it will look like a running change.
    The new face has a smirk, while the old face is very serious.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I like the new face. I hope when I get my hands on a Blaster he has a fun smirk.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    I was watching this youtube video of Legacy Blaster unboxing. The window opening allows a hand reach Eject, which is held by a single horizontal plastic tie, and yank it out. I have this bad feeling people are going to steal Eject to make Rewind customs.
    When buying Blaster in-store, check that the accessories are there as they can indeed be pulled out, as shown by this Reddit user.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    I've been following the Reddit Transformers forum lately looking at how the new Legacy packaging is fairing. There have been a few reports of missing accessories - Legacy Bulkhead's spherical mace seems like another easily stolen item. But the main and common gripe has been the flimsiness/thinness of the cardboard. That and the lack of plastic window and especially the plastic insert that reinforces the box (removed with Kingdom) and perhaps the angular box shape/crease has meant boxes are getting crushed and torn when sent in satchel mailers (many complaints about Amazon US as it often uses satchels instead of boxes). Be aware if you care about box condition.

So here's an interesting thing - Legacy Nightprowler/Sandstorm/Buzzsaw have the plastic window back. I wonder if Hasbro saw too many complaints about plastic-free windows.
    This was mentioned in that silly influencer round table thing: "Open box ? issues with heads removed, crushed boxes from shipping. ? Most likely not going back to plastic. Closed box an option. Balance out seeing figure and how important. Kids testing likes the open box."

I'd be curious to be a fly on the wall on this kids testing session. How old were the kids, what figures/toys were tested on them, what did they like about the open box...?

One of the Hasbro designers has posted up concept images and info on instagram on the wave 1 Deluxe Legacy toy, Dragstrip, giving us some insight on how much effort was put into its appearance for the fans, and it's combiner ability.

Between the hardwork of @artguy101 and Takio Ejima, Dragstrip ended up being a real beauty! Dan Khana absolutely crushed the concept work done for this stunticon henchman. Its a real treat whenever I get to work with Dan, such a talented guy and he really lives for the brand, diehard fan! We talked alot about how the arm would break apart for Menasor and you can see there was a couple ideas thrown around in the up front.
    Once these ideas were all sent over to Takara’s team, we all got together and discussed over voice conference calls on direction and aesthetics of the combiner. Ejima san’s engineering mind to situate the smooth locking mechanism which would then become the final Menasor arm is just a stroke of absolute genius.
    You can also see me applying details at block model stage to really try to get as close to Dan’s initial art as possible, but, there were some sacrifices made to some ideas to ensure his combining ability could be the best it could be.
    Also, you can see some red line drawings for adjustments throughout the process. I thought showing you how much thought and detail went into the process it’d be cool to see. There is all sorts of production limitations and parts of the process that are hard to capture here. Pulling plastics out of molds is definitely an artform of its own and a very interesting world at that.
    Funny thing on the last slide is how I was thinking of maybe giving Dragstrip a sort of evil smirk, somtimes those sculpt programs run away from your idea so its good to realign and focus on alotta other aspects of the character that can help amp it up to be the best Dragstrip evahhhh!
    I hope yall enjoy the insight and I hope this guy fits into you collection!