Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simon Furman Q&A.

Default Simon Furman Q&A.

Apparently this has been done before, but here are the answers to the 20 questions submitted to Simon Furman in November:

1-15
    http://forum.idwpublishing.com/viewtopic.php?t=5032
    16-20
    http://simonfurman.wordpress.com/200...qa-time-again/

Be aware that there might be spoilers in there. I haven't read it, because I'm about half a year behind on the comics at the moment, as I wait for the compilations/trades to be released.

Well, that's one reason for the inconsistencies in AHM.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Not really many spoilers in there, its more talk about what Furman wants to do in the future in series that have not been confirmed yet, and also what he wanted to do with the Revelation and Expansion series but was forced to abandon because of AHM.

Also it comes as no surprise that McCarthy did not consult or even contact Furman. Denton Tipton just has to do his best to make sure that Furman's future work and AHM do not contradict one another. (at least until AHM is changed to being a standalone series )
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Furman
    Given that Devastator seems to be active in All Hail Megatron, we have to assume that somewhere along the line the Combiner tech is refined and gets into Megatron’s hands, so it makes more sense that the Decepticons have Monstructor.
    Does that sound like a subtle dig?

Possibly. Jhiaxus worked on gestalt technology for God knows how many years until he abandoned the project and left on the Ark.

All Hail Megatron leads us to believe the Decepticons somehow "perfected it", according to Kup, in a year or so.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

These comics are getting a bit out of wack. Who knows whats happening. Started reading all about it on the TF Wiki last night and it made my head hurt.

Glad that for the mean time I have decided to give comics a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Furman
    I can honestly say, apart from maybe Transformers (US) #68, I’ve never been truly disappointed with the way an issue or series came out. That’s because, as a general rule, I’ve worked talented and often passionate (about Transformers) artists.
    Dwane Turner: ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    These comics are getting a bit out of wack. Who knows whats happening. Started reading all about it on the TF Wiki last night and it made my head hurt.

Glad that for the mean time I have decided to give comics a break.
    And that's perhaps the problem and why they went w/ AHM. Accessiblity was just so downright pathetic that sales were down to 11K.

I'm curious about the 13 though and the fact that Hasbro are very interested in the concept. Given the title of the movie next year suggests that Fallen character in it and then the Fallen in the War Within being a major player, I think this concept could be very cool. And Liege Maximo too being a member of the 13. Very interested in what that could mean for TF history as really most TF history surrounds when Optimus assumed the mantle.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

IDW's Transformers comics has never done very well anyway. To my knowledge, IDW has yet to attain Dreamwave's heyday (in terms of sales) with any writer and artist combination.

In fact, AHM issue 1 sold one copy less than Devastation issue 1 in the same period of time, though Ryall and McCarthy dispute these independent sales figures, claiming IDW's own are far more impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    Possibly. Jhiaxus worked on gestalt technology for God knows how many years until he abandoned the project and left on the Ark.
    All Hail Megatron leads us to believe the Decepticons somehow "perfected it", according to Kup, in a year or so.
    When one person has been working on something for a long time, they accept a certain paradigm and accept it in full. When they hit a road block or problem it is harder for them to over come it.
    It is usually someone who is new and hasn't accepted and still questions the accepted paradigm and thinks outside it to over come the problem.

The problem with the combiner technology could have been something that Jhiaxus, having worked on it for a long time, could have been unable to over come since he couldn't think outside the paradigm. The Decepticons that worked on it during the year before AHM could have been that new person or team to the paradigm who thinks outside the box and refine it
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|