Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Botbots cartoon for Netflix

You’ve got 7 days to cancel and get a refund, after that it’s store credit.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I think BBTS charge GST... and their shipping rates went through the roof a few years ago... but I just can't risk buying from Amazon again, so I might just have to pay the extra* (and Entertainment Earth won't restock until JAN-FEB).

*Since Amazon Australia was in au$, the price would change based on the exchange rate - my first order was au$138, while my second order was au$123 (the us$ dropped a lot that month).
    The BBTS listing is us$75, which will be about au$110. Considering the size of the box needed, I would expect about $50 shipping. And then about $16 GST if they charge it.
    I am really having trouble deciding what to do for these.

Since I have all of the 5-packs, 8-packs and vehicle packs, I should already have 16 of the 24 Single packs... which means that I need to buy a full set of 24 just to get the 8 remaining toys from Series 6.
    It isn't practical to just hunt down those unique 8 toys on ebay, because those are the "rare" ones that everyone else would be wanting to complete their collections, making them more expensive than buying a full set from an online source.

So if I buy from BBTS, those 8 unique toys I am missing, that should be about $5 each, will end up costing about $20-25 each (I wouldn't be able to get much for the other 16, because people collecting these are already likely to have them from the multi-packs).
    And even though Amazon is cheaper and would end up being about $15 each (if they did end up sending me 24), I can't guarantee getting those 8 unique toys, because they have obviously unpacked the master cartons, so I would expect to get 24 random figures. That would then require me to pay a fortune on somewhere like ebay to buy the remaining missing $5 toys.

Meanwhile, Entertainment Earth have their Single Pack set listed for September 2023, which puts them out of the equation.

It is a gamble... do I buy from BBTS (which would be at least $50 more than Amazon) and then hear that Amazon had finally fixed up the problem... or do I try Amazon again and even if they do finally send me 24 Single Packs, I could get a lot of duplicates and miss some of the 8 that I need, resulting in me paying more than BBTS by chasing up the missing ones on ebay (I can't even find the single packs on ebay at the moment... so if I miss out on any, I may not be able to complete the set for a very long time).

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Seems like a Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, type scenario.

I'd go BBTS just to be safe.

Option d) Don't have a complete collection? Though I'm sure that's probably not an option.