Thread: Botbots cartoon for Netflix

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Botbots cartoon for Netflix

Hot on the heels of the announcement of the new Transformers cartoon Earth Spark comes another Transformers cartoon coming to Netflix from March 25th - Botbots... a couple years late for the toyline, but then again, we saw the same thing with the Prime Wars Trilogy cartoon that came out after most of the toys were no longer being released.
    (just noting - it was almost exactly a year ago when it was first announced that Netflix were doing a Botbots cartoon, to be 20 episodes, so this new announcement is just to let us know when it will be released)

The question is... does this mean the sixth series of toys from 2020 (and beyond) were intentionally delayed, to be released when the cartoon was ready.

Being on Netflix, we will have to wait to see if it will be on free-to-air here. The other 3 programs being noted are a mixed back, as one (Power Rangers second season) was on channel 9go slightly ahead of the US screening of the first season, but the other two shows haven't been here on free-to-air... which could just come down to how much effort the toy company (Hasbro) puts into their "advertising" is on TV as soon as possible, while Mattel (for MOTU) wasn't able to do the same for its first season.
    Last edited by griffin; 17th February 2022 at 10:36 PM.

A very short clip has been found on youtube, as part of a longer promo video... but it is geo-locked to North America, so I haven't been able to see it yet, however some screenshots can be seen here.
    A promo article has also let us know that there is only 10 episodes, but will be full-size 22 minute episodes (which will be 30 minutes with commercials).

A full 90 second commercial is now on youtube... and the cartoon looks like a bit of crazy fun. (and they use the classic transformation sound too)

Based on the video, the cartoon appears to follow the basic concept of the toyline, based in a shopping centre, and the story seems to center around the Lost Bots trying to find their tribe (which they have renamed "Squads" on the cartoon... maybe the word "tribe" didn't rate well with some demographics). Meanwhile, there appears to be an inept night-guard trying to catch them, because they have to hide from the humans (a bit of a cross between Toy Story and Pokemon).
    I hope it doesn't remain exclusive to netflix.

Some screnshots can be seen here.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Reminds me a little more of Terry Pratchett's Nomes stories

And now I wish I hadn't watched that video, because it seems kinda fun, and I have too much to watch already.

The original toy commercial from about 3 years ago, which had a fairly similar story concept that the cartoon has picked up on...