Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Botbots cartoon for Netflix

Default Botbots cartoon for Netflix

Hot on the heels of the announcement of the new Transformers cartoon Earth Spark comes another Transformers cartoon coming to Netflix from March 25th - Botbots... a couple years late for the toyline, but then again, we saw the same thing with the Prime Wars Trilogy cartoon that came out after most of the toys were no longer being released.
    (just noting - it was almost exactly a year ago when it was first announced that Netflix were doing a Botbots cartoon, to be 20 episodes, so this new announcement is just to let us know when it will be released)

The question is... does this mean the sixth series of toys from 2020 (and beyond) were intentionally delayed, to be released when the cartoon was ready.

Being on Netflix, we will have to wait to see if it will be on free-to-air here. The other 3 programs being noted are a mixed back, as one (Power Rangers second season) was on channel 9go slightly ahead of the US screening of the first season, but the other two shows haven't been here on free-to-air... which could just come down to how much effort the toy company (Hasbro) puts into their "advertising" is on TV as soon as possible, while Mattel (for MOTU) wasn't able to do the same for its first season.
    Last edited by griffin; 17th February 2022 at 10:36 PM.

A very short clip has been found on youtube, as part of a longer promo video... but it is geo-locked to North America, so I haven't been able to see it yet, however some screenshots can be seen here.
    A promo article has also let us know that there is only 10 episodes, but will be full-size 22 minute episodes (which will be 30 minutes with commercials).

A full 90 second commercial is now on youtube... and the cartoon looks like a bit of crazy fun. (and they use the classic transformation sound too)

Based on the video, the cartoon appears to follow the basic concept of the toyline, based in a shopping centre, and the story seems to center around the Lost Bots trying to find their tribe (which they have renamed "Squads" on the cartoon... maybe the word "tribe" didn't rate well with some demographics). Meanwhile, there appears to be an inept night-guard trying to catch them, because they have to hide from the humans (a bit of a cross between Toy Story and Pokemon).
    I hope it doesn't remain exclusive to netflix.

Some screnshots can be seen here.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Reminds me a little more of Terry Pratchett's Nomes stories

And now I wish I hadn't watched that video, because it seems kinda fun, and I have too much to watch already.

The original toy commercial from about 3 years ago, which had a fairly similar story concept that the cartoon has picked up on...

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Looks fun. Way better than the other show they recently announced.

Another promo clip from the new show, introducing us to more of its concept... and it looks like it will be a lot of fun to watch.

Two more promo clips from the new Botbots cartoon, which is supposed to start very soon on Netflix.

As expected, new Botbots toys are coming with the new cartoon, and they were officially revealed on facebook yesterday.
    They are being called series 6, but I don't think they are exactly what we were going to get for series 6, as I remember a pirate chest and a toilet originally planned as multipacks for series 6.
    A lot of new moulds here, including some animals (unless they are toy animals, that would be the first living alt-modes I think), and one turns into an Autobot symbol... which would be interesting to explain in the story universe.

There are supposed to be 75 in series six, spread across 4 tribes this time...

CUSTODIAL CREW: Mop & bucket, Overalls, Sponge; Caution Wet Floor Sign, Floor Buffer, Walkie Talkie, Toilet, Plunger, Feather Duster, Poop, Vacuum, Vomit, Toilet Brush, Latex Glove
    PET MOB: Pet Collar, Goldfish, Dog Bone, Rat, Ant Farm, Dog Bowl, Snake, Guinea Pig, Cat; Cricket, Bird Cage, Poop Bag, Duck, Husky Dog
    HUNGER HUBS: Roasted Turkey, French Fries, Watermelon, Grapes, Blue Nachos, Broccoli, Fried Egg, Bacon, Waffle, Rare Corn Dog, Pizza
    GAMER GEEKS: Joystick, Space Ship, Jetpack; Computer Mouse, CD, Blaster, TV, 8-Bit Graphic of the Autobot icon, Computer, Game Controller, Jet vehicle & Plush Wizard, Arcade Game, Dungeons & Dragons Book.
    Some of them look quite evil too, so maybe the cartoon is going to focus on good vs bad groups as well.

Over on Entertainment Earth, the various packs are now listed for preorder for September (a long wait after the cartoon is over), and they look to be selling the various packs in bundles (maybe their master cartons).
    The prices sound expensive, but I can't really remember how it compares to the previous releases.
    It warns you that there are duplicates (again),

Singles (24 packs) - us$44 (24 toys)

5-packs (4 packs) - us$42 (20 toys) (price adjusted later)

8-packs (4 packs) - us$63 (32 toys)

Vehicle packs (2 packs) - us$63 (8 toys and 2 vehicles) - Ruckus Racers, Racer-Roni (pizza) and Outta Controller (game controller).
    Last edited by griffin; 30th March 2022 at 07:58 PM.