Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Megatron HISS Tank and Baroness Transformers X GI Joe Crossover revealed.

I wouldn't trust Amazon to make good on that pre-order price. I would expect them to cancel all pre-orders, claim they can't get stock and then re-list at a higher price.

Honestly, I'm expecting some kind of shenanigans from Zing, trying to weasel out of honouring the pre-order price, but I've actually got money down on my Zing pre-order and I'll have mine paid off in full long before it arrives. I choose to believe that will make a difference, make it harder for Zing to cancel on me.

By all means, try pre-ordering through Amazon, but please don't put all your eggs into that particular basket just to save a couple of bucks.

(Hi, everyone, by the way. Long time lurker, first time posting.)

~L~

The price is close to EB Games, which makes sense. The thing to note here for choosing which source to go for is the expected release date. EB Games is six weeks earlier, so maybe the extra $14 can be an impatience tax.

Amazon generally only cancel orders if they didn't receive the stock amount they were promised by Hasbro, or significantly under-priced something (like the Titan Black Zarak)... but sometimes they let it go, like the Jurassic Park set (a lot of orders were cancelled due to not getting enough stock from Hasbro, but the stock that they did get in, they appeared to ship out at whatever price people pre-ordered it at, which was $100 under its real price for most people).

I hear what you're saying, and I'm pleased to read some of the Transformers X Jurassic Park pre-orders were filled.

Mine was not one of them, but that's alright, I never cancelled my pre-order with Amazon.com, so I was able to get the toys, just not as cheap as I had hoped to.

I have my doubts about any of the proposed release dates. Hasbro Pulse's 1/1/23 seems like a worst case scenario with all the uncertainty surrounding shipping around the world, Zing's 1/7/22 date seems like a boilerplate six-monthly-placeholder date they can kick down the road, changing it as they go, until they know for sure, and Amazon.com.au's release date looks equally subject to change.

For me, personally, the additional $14 I'll pay to buy from Zing is the price of security that my pre-order will be more difficult for them to cancel when they realise they've sold the piece for a price lower that 2x American RRP.
    It would be one thing to cancel a pre-order with no money down, like Amazon, but it would be a bad look for Zing to cancel a pre-order listed in their system as "paid in full."

~L~

Selects galvatron had a price change at zing after the listing went live, but stores still chose to honour the original price if you showed them

That's very encouraging news to me.

I've kept screen grabs of my invoice information, just in case. Better to have it and not need it, and all that.

~L~

Thats one of rhe coolest crossovers they have done. Both modes work really well. Not my cup of tea as im not really a gi joe fan but cool none the less.

Official unboxing of the Megatron HISS tank crossover at Geekculture (and mirrored here if that link goes)... showing that it is a big toy, with a fairly simple transformation and LOTS of kibble in both modes (it looks like most of the had and chest of Megatron sticks out the back of the tank mode).
    The Baroness toy is inside the box in its own sealed backing card, which I though was strange, as it makes it look like a separate bonus toy, rather than a 2-pack of partner toys (because the Megatron toy isn't similarly boxed as a separate toy).

(this will be the third official Baroness toy in my collection, despite never collecting any GIJoe toys - the first one was for the GIJoe/TFs SDCC set, and the second was from FunPub in their final year as part of their Gen2 comic themed pack)

At the end of May, the Megatron HISS tank was released in Asia (being found in Taiwan), which is really early, since the American release date is January 2023... and our release date was September 2022 on Amazon Australia, and was July 2022 at EBGames (now says August 12th).