Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transformers x Funko NFT Collection Series 1 Announced

I saw an image online of the NFT costs, with a 5 pack costing 9.99 and a 15 pack costing 29.99. Why does the 15 pack cost 2 more cents than three 5 packs?
    (because its a scaaaaam)

Quite disappointing from Hasbro on the collaboration too, as they have been harping on for a while now about:

1) Providing outlets for fans to get a hold of new sought after products easily (in the US at least)
    2) Cutting down their environmental footprint

This whole thing is a slap in the face to both of those things, and I honestly hope Hasbro distances themselves from Funko after this has all blown over. Funko's quality and design philosophy has taken a steep nosedive in recent years too, so it would be no huge loss to see the license go, even though they're probably shelling out enough cash that it won't happen. I'd much rather see those kinds of figurines from a brand like Nenderoid, who already seem to have a few Transformers products already.

It is satisfying though to see a pretty much unanimous rejection of all this NFT crap by the fan community, across all backgrounds and age groups. I don't think I've seen a single positive comment on any fan sites or social media comment sections, and there's no way both companies haven't noticed the backlash.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

The problem now, is that the scalpers who would have done the math and worked out that they could make money from this scheme to get the physical toys (to resell), will encourage more of these NFT schemes (because those issuing companies think there is demand for it)... annoying the target audience (the fans) because they aren't able to get the (physical) items that they want at a respectable price (the normal retail price of their other figures). It's worse than SDCC exclusives (back when they weren't also available through some online sources and Asia), which were mostly bought up by people who only wanted to resell them, rather than buy them for themselves as fans.