Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Micro Machines Transformers

Big W now has the Bumblebee set online. On promotion at $59 from $79.

Last edited by griffin; 7th November 2022 at 10:54 PM. Reason: added images

anyone know how the playset scales with Robot Heroes?

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The Australian importer of the Micro Machines had said some time ago that they were intending to have Transformers MM here at some stage, but they didn't have any confirmed details at that stage, or say how much of the range they would import here.
    I might have to chase them up again for an update.
    Thanks Griff, that would be good. Otherwise like I said, I'll look to the secondary market.

Optimus prime hauler playset now available at Big W
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    Big W now has the Micro Machines Optimus Prime Hauler playset online for $35.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Photo of Bumblebee and Optimus playsets for size comparison (found in the Micro Machines section not the TF section of Big W Belmont):

Optimus looks to be about the same size as Bumblebee, but is less than half the price. It looks a little bit simpler, but not that much to be so much cheaper... especially considering that Optimus would appeal more to those older fans who remember Micro Machines.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Optimus looks to be about the same size as Bumblebee, but is less than half the price. It looks a little bit simpler, but not that much to be so much cheaper... especially considering that Optimus would appeal more to those older fans who remember Micro Machines.
    I have both of them and Prime is, surprisingly, much smaller than Bumblebee. I don't think either represent good value for their price, but they are priced consistently.
    The photo posted above makes Prime appear larger due to the angle. No offense to Skyfire.

I want to get the blind boxes that actually have the Optimus Prime Mirco Machine vehicle in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Deano85 View Post
    I want to get the blind boxes that actually have the Optimus Prime Mirco Machine vehicle in them.
    I'd like these as well, they'd work well with the G1 citybots.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    I have both of them and Prime is, surprisingly, much smaller than Bumblebee. I don't think either represent good value for their price, but they are priced consistently.
    The photo posted above makes Prime appear larger due to the angle. No offense to Skyfire.
    Yeah, I saw them both today at BigW near me, and realised that Bumblebee is indeed a lot bigger... but that 2-dimensional photo made it look like they were about the same size.
    I also think that the more complex engineering and lots more parts to the Bumblebee playset, makes it necessary to be more expensive, even if they were the same size.