Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Legacy Wildrider and Blitzwing

After finding Dragstrip horrendously bland I actually really like that Wildrider. Something about the backpack really sells the figure. I like designs that lean into having actual kibble instead of hiding everything and pretending to some sleek roboman.

Blitzwing I can take or leave. I don't think this one tops of the Titans Return figure.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Honestly I would have preferred a G1-esque car-roof-back-and-folded-over-hood arrangement with more Legacy aesthetics and alt-mode.
    I mean, the car parts have to go somewhere, but this seems kind of visually intrusive in robot mode - I'd rather a car-mode shell and rear backpack than low-set stubby wings design-wise. JMO of course, and I'm glad for everyone who likes the look.

I'm slightly disappointed by Blitzwing. I was hoping he would be much better than my Legends Takara (Titans Return) one. I never liked the tank or plane modes of the Legends - the tank is too long, doesn't have the nose cone front and has the purple wings wrapped around it; and the plane doesn't have the squared off rear or the biplane-like lower wing part. And even in bot mode, the tank tracks on the forearms annoyed me a bit. The Legacy bot mode looks good and the tank mode is better than Legends (can't see the back though). But the plane mode a) has all that junk at the bottom and b) doesn't recreate that biplane-like lower wing. It looks pretty awful. The most cartoon accurate for tank and plane is still my G1 toy.

At least Legacy comes with 2 blasters, one of which I'll give to Legends. I hated that stupid Legends gun.

As usual, Hasbro deliberately makes certain colourings different to the cartoon needlessly - I wish the cockpit canopy was blue.

Added mirrored images to the first post.

I like that Wildrider can have the guns plug into the roof of the car to homage the Gen1 toy. (I'm not crazy about the name being two names - Wild Rider... it suggests that they lost the trademark)

I DON'T like Blitzwing's jet mode... I thought at first it was sitting on a landing pad thingy like Gen1 Skylynx, but the back of the packaging also suggests that the jet mode is flying around with a brick underneath it.

And what is with the plug on gloves that look like giant hands for a combiner toy?

I just pic some official pics of Motormaster under the "Official reveals" thread Griff.

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Good news for anyone who was overly concerned about the backpack on Wildrider. Turns out you can keep it joined together for robot mode.
    Images courtesy of Oey Benet.

Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

It's funny, I'm sure the designers were worried about the backlash from fans about there being half a car on his back, so they tried to break it all up and make it more transformery... and here are fans willingly choosing to have it as half a car on his back.

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    It's funny, I'm sure the designers were worried about the backlash from fans about there being half a car on his back, so they tried to break it all up and make it more transformery... and here are fans willingly choosing to have it as half a car on his back.
    Considering we had Titans Returns and Combiner Wars figures with the car hoods hanging on their backs, then this is nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Deano85 View Post
    Considering we had Titans Returns and Combiner Wars figures with the car hoods hanging on their backs, then this is nothing new.
    That, and this unofficial configuration is more G1 toy accurate.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Thank God. I display my robots facing backwards, so I'm glad the back pack can fold up.