Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Legacy Wildrider and Blitzwing

Default Legacy Wildrider and Blitzwing

These should be two of this week's reveals by Hasbro, as CBR website has the exclusive first look at deluxe Widrider and Leader Blitzwing.
    https://www.cbr.com/transformers-wil...res-exclusive/

Transformers: Generations Legacy Deluxe Decepticon Wild Rider

(Ages 8 and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $24.99 / Available: July 2022)This TRANSFORMERS: LEGACY 5.5-inch DELUXE DECEPTICON WILD RIDER robot toy is inspired by the animated series, The Transformers, updated with a Generations-style design. WILD RIDER lives up to his name. He’s a bit of a loose cannon. When he hits the road, he drives to destroy!WILD RIDER action figure converts from robot to sports car mode in 17 steps and comes with 2 Energon blaster accessories. The DECEPTICON WILD RIDER toy also combines as the MENASOR figure’s left leg. Collect other TRANSFORMERS: LEGACY combiner figures to form MENASOR (each sold separately, subject to availability)!

Transformers: Generations Legacy Leader Blitzwing

(Ages 8 and Up / Approx. Retail Price: $55.99 / Available: July 2022)This TRANSFORMERS: LEGACY 7-inch LEADER BLITZWING robot toy is inspired by the animated series, The Transformers, updated with a Generations-style design. BLITZWING terrorizes his opponents by switching between his three modes in battle, laughing all the while! The triple changer action figure converts from robot to jet mode in 32 steps and from robot to tank mode in 41 steps. BLITZWING also comes with a sword, 2 blaster accessories and features a rotating turret in tank mode

Last edited by griffin; 12th April 2022 at 10:31 PM.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Oh dear, that's disappointingly back-packy. And the other two are likely to look like that as well.

Wildrider came out amazing. I'm especially impressed at the G1 accuracy of the alt mode given Hasbro doesn't have the Ferrari license.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Oh dear, that's disappointingly back-packy. And the other two are likely to look like that as well.
    What do people expect when a toy is made to be more screen-like? Even Masterpiece cannot avoid this; they just hide the kibble better because they're bigger and dearer toys. If you want a less kibbley Wildrider, then Combiner Wars has you covered. This toy giving us something different by giving us greater cartoon-likeness, and the fact is that Wildrider's vehicle parts practically disappear in robot mode in the cartoon. Plus this toy has to combine into a weight-bearing leg for Menasor.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    These should be two of this week's reveals by Hasbro, as CBR website has the exclusive first look at deluxe Widrider and Leader Blitzwing.
    Time will tell what we see, however I really don't understand why Hasbro does this. We finally get to a Fanfirst Friday, they have something that isn't leaked and they let someone else reveal it. Now, as per norm, people will complain that we didn't see anything new.

I mean, they may surprise us with something new still but for a "Fanfirst" they generally do everything in their power to let things get revealed elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    I am hoping that it's a mistransformation.

Other than that, the front profile and alt mode looks excellent. Looks like he has a nice ab-crunch too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Wildrider came out amazing. I'm especially impressed at the G1 accuracy of the alt mode given Hasbro doesn't have the Ferrari license.
    That alt mode looks absolutely sweet. The lazy backpack being the tradeoff for it.

Another thing I'm liking about these new Stunticons so far is the double handguns which can also be attached in vehicle mode to be like the G1 toys.
    Much more efficient than G1 though as you don't need a different accessory for each mode.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Nice car mode, the roof mounted guns are cool, but ooof...that backpack. I hope the rest of the carbots have cleaner robot modes.

RE: Backpack

I think it's an unfortunate result of making a toy emulate the Sunbow cartoon model with a Deluxe Class size/budget. As I said before, even some MPs end up with backpacks, like MP28 Hot Rod, MP Sunstreaker, MP44 Convoy etc. Now these toys are able to impressively compress their vehicle kibble, but again, they are larger and much dearer. Legacy Wildrider here must conform to the Deluxe Class size and budget, as well as stricter child safety laws (MPs are Ages 15+), plus it's basically a triple changer with the gestalt leg being the toy's tertiary mode. This toy is expected to achieve a lot with a limited size and budget allowance. Even MP Arcee still has a massive backpack despite being a big and expensive MP toy.

Looking at Wildrider's cartoon model, you can see that most of the vehicle parts pretty much vanish into thin air. The wheels are really the only part of the car that remains. Legacy Wildrider is trying to emulate this under the Deluxe restrictions, and it seems to do a fairly good job. The robot does look like the cartoon model, except with chunkier legs; because there would be even more kibble to contend with if the legs were made skinnier; plus budget wouldn't allow it. MPs can get away with this because they're super-expensive toys; well beyond the affordability of most children.

And as I said before, we do have choice. If you prefer your CHUG Wildrider to be less kibblerrific, then you have Combiner Wars Brake-Neck/Unite Warriors Wildrider. Plus, Brake-Neck has the bonus ability to be either an arm or leg, just like the G1 toy. But if you prefer a more G1 cartoon-like Wildrider, then that is what Legacy Wildrider is giving you. Yeah, the backpack is unfortunate - I'm not trying to say that it's great, but Legacy Wildrider is trying to give people something different, further spoiling collectors for choice. If you don't like this CHUG Wildrider, then just don't buy it and hang onto your CW Brake-Neck (which I think is still a really nice toy; Motormaster is the only CW Stunticon who lets the team down IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Another thing I'm liking about these new Stunticons so far is the double handguns which can also be attached in vehicle mode to be like the G1 toys.
    Much more efficient than G1 though as you don't need a different accessory for each mode.
    That's freaking awesome! <3

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    Time will tell what we see, however I really don't understand why Hasbro does this. We finally get to a Fanfirst Friday, they have something that isn't leaked and they let someone else reveal it. Now, as per norm, people will complain that we didn't see anything new.

I mean, they may surprise us with something new still but for a "Fanfirst" they generally do everything in their power to let things get revealed elsewhere.
    They do this every so often (especially just before SDCC and NY Toyfair) as it generates interest through other outlets for the online reveal, using news sites that are visited by people who aren't TFs fans, to get more attention to the new products by more than just dedicated fans of fan-sites.