Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GEN Selects Cyclonus & Nightstick

Default GEN Selects Cyclonus & Nightstick

Gen Selects Cyclonus is up for pre-order on Amazon Australia. There is a pic showing him in his G1 toy colours, and he comes with Nightstick.
    Considering the leak called him Cyclonus’ armada, you could repurpose him as that.

Current price - au$73 (remember that it is a Voyager PLUS a Battlemaster, which is why it is a bit more than a normal GEN Selects Voyager)

Release date - August 14th 2022

• EXPAND YOUR COLLECTION WITH SPECIAL EDITION FIGURES: Generations Selects is a fan-dedicated line of figures featuring special edition characters that can’t be found in the main line
    • INSPIRED BY 1986 CYCLONUS: This Cyclonus figure is inspired by the classic G1 toy release in 1986
    • CLASSIC TRANSFORMERS CONVERSION: This Cyclonus figure converts from robot to jet mode in 33 steps
    • COMES WITH NIGHTSTICK FIGURE: Includes a Nightstick figure that converts from robot to blaster mode in 4 steps. Also comes with 2 blast effects
    • FOIL LABELS AND STICKER DECALS: Comes with a sheet of foil labels and stickers to decorate the Cyclonus figure
    • ?F3074
    Last edited by griffin; 26th April 2022 at 08:11 PM. Reason: added details from amazon listing
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

The pic shows up if you share the link to the Facebook or Twitter. Stickers give him a very G1 look, but like Galvatron it will be interesting to see what he looks like "naked".

Edit: wait nevermind, a bunch of images show up on the listing now

Ok, this is not for me.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

That's very pretty indeed!

Never wanted an armada for Cyclonus until now... Well done Hasbro. Just a shame about the stickers.

Now give me a Killing Jar version!
    Gimme!

That's a pretty Cyclonus and I like it. But also I still have my G1 Cyclonus and I like the Kingdom one.

I hope they managed to sort the cockpit gap issue in alt mode for those who get it.

I got chills looking at the jet mode... very nice.
    Cyclonus was one of the first toys that I bought from a shop with my own money, when the Chinese reissues came out around 1992-1993... so this one I will be looking forward to greatly.

I can see a trend developing from Hasbro now, with most new moulds having at least 4 decos to choose from to milk the mould - original cartoon, original toy, pre-Transformers, Shattered Glass and any existing alternate character deco(s).
    Last edited by griffin; 26th April 2022 at 08:45 PM.

I’ve given my kingdom Cyclonus a spare Nightstick so this one’s not for me

Very cool release. That jet mode is absolutely stunning!

Since it was leaked as "Armada" I'm putting him on my movie display next to the Sweeps, which are also toy accurate (although not to this same extent).
    I might leave the stickers off though, or at least most of them.

Also cool to see that it has the blue ears, which is accurate to the first run of G1. Although a tad ironic that later runs like the targetmaster version didn't have them.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

One of the few toys that actually looks better in toy deco. The colour variation does wonders.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.