Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece MP-56 Trailbreaker

Default Masterpiece MP-56 Trailbreaker

The TakaraTomy video is region-locked, so here is a mirror on youtube...

Scheduled for release in Japan in December 2022, priced at 21780yen (currently at about au$240)

Product page link to be added tomorrow when it is up.

Last edited by griffin; 11th May 2022 at 12:59 AM. Reason: added info and video & created new topic

Another MP Ark crew member? That?s an insta-buy for me.

I love it that we have a *new* first season/year Masterpiece toy, getting us veeeery slowly towards completing the set (not counting the Minibots).

It is expensive, but we have had to get used to that with the Masterpiece toyline now.
    (here's hoping that the Yen stays weak until the end of the year, as it has really helped with some Japanese purchases in recent months)

I expect that they have designed it in a way to make it fairly easy to do Hoist from the mould... which will also be happily welcomed into the collection, as MP Grapple has been a bit lonely without him.

This is the first MP I have considered buying since Megatron. At least the vehicle looks like a real vehicle rather than these toon accurate ones.

I'm surprised he doesn't come with a force-field effect. Cynic that I am I suspect they'll bundle it with the nigh-inevitable Diaclone repaint/remold.

JMO but seeing this after the Reboost/Skids/Crosscut mold had made me realise that I'm really not a fan of the cartoon-accurate look (and expensive over-engineering it takes to get it). I really like MP Spinout but the Hasui Prowl/Wheeljack toy-toon hybrid era designs just looked and felt better to me.

Seeing it up for preorder at $AUD 180, which isn?t too bad. As I?m only collecting MP G1 figures, the trickle of releases means my wallet isn?t too bothered.

It feels to me that the anime grill is needed to better fit the robot mode. Like the car mode. Robot is a bit too cartoony for the asthetic

Where is everyone pre ordering ? Used to get them overseas but postage to Oz is an issue atm for most

I too haven't bought an MP in years. I definitely want this one but am not sure wherea good place to get it is anymore

Quote Originally Posted by nsm034 View Post
    Where is everyone pre ordering ? Used to get them overseas but postage to Oz is an issue atm for most
    Yeah crazy postage prices have slowed down my importing of figures, but been waiting for Legacy figures to come out here. Will have to keep an eye on local options if I end up getting Trailbreaker