Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Licensed Optimus Prime Dog toy

I read the thread title and expected to see a licensed Optimus that transforms into a dog, say a German shepherd, and thought i might preorder one.

Lol Wasn't expecting an Optimus toy for dogs.

Ok so I bought one and there are 2 things inside. Behind the face is a hard, blue transparent ball of about 5cm diameter that pushes the face mask/eyes/nose forward to give shape to the head. It can be seen through the eyes but one of my eyes has a bit of plush material in the way. The ball on mine is also not perfectly centered. From the feet to the waist is a soft plastic that is the squeaker and joined to the top of that, behind the chest, is a cylindrical bit of about 3x2cm, which is hard. It feels like the top of a wine bottle (hence water bottle?). There are no electronics or light up features (except for light reflection through the ball).

The arms are slightly beanie.

There are no openings or zips etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    There are no electronics or light up features (except for light reflection through the ball).
    I take it back. It does light up electronically. I discovered it randomly by slapping the back of his head. There's some accelerometer(?) inside the blue ball that activates when you bang the back of his head. It strobes a blue light, and I can also see a pink light in there, for about 15 seconds then switches off.

Also, there are moulded pupils on the blue ball, which I saw before but didn't mention as they didn't stand out much, but they show when the light is activated. There is no way to change the batteries, which I assume are inside the blue ball, unless it has some self-powered mechanism.

Last edited by Skyfire; 20th May 2022 at 09:12 PM.

They dont expect it to last that long that you need to change batteries

I take it back. It does light up electronically. I discovered it randomly by slapping the back of his head. There's some accelerometer(?) inside the blue ball that activates when you bang the back of his head. It strobes a blue light, and I can also see a pink light in there, for about 15 seconds then switches off.

Also, there are moulded pupils on the blue ball, which I saw before but didn't mention as they didn't stand out much, but they show when the light is activated. There is no way to change the batteries, which I assume are inside the blue ball, unless it has some self-powered mechanism.
    Thanks for all that investigative work there... it is definitely a fascinating item in the end.

It still looks creepy.

there are moulded pupils on the blue ball
    I take that back too, ha ha. After more playing around, the blue ball rotated and that "O" I thought was a pupil is actually the letter "O", as there is an "N" next to it. It looks like "ON", so I guess that's the user manual .

After disappearing from most Woolworths stores, the one near me just got in a fresh full pre-pack display of Hasbro licensed dog toys, including the Optimus Prime figure... for $7.20 (discounted from the regular $18).
    The price tag says that the discount is just for this sale week (ending Tuesday June 7th), but they are noted as being on clearance, so could remain at that new price.

After I had speculated that this licensed dog toy must have been released in America (because it was being made by an American company), it did end up showing up in America in mid-July (or at least, that was when fans on fansites first saw it, as it isn't in the toys section, so just like here it could have been out there for a while before it was discovered).