Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Walmart Velocitron Legacy toys

Official images and listings on US Walmart for the Velocitron wave 2 toys, for release in December in America - LDR Galaxy Shuttle (white Seige Astrotrain), VOY Hot Rod (minor redeco SS86 Hot Rod), DLX Shadowstrip (black redeco TL Dragstrip), DLX Crasher (redeco KD Mirage).

Hasbro Designer comments on Galaxy Shuttle, and a pic of the toy with an Astrotrain head (as the colouring and mould makes him, and me, think more of the black/white Gen1 Astrotrain toy than Galaxy Shuttle).

“Welcome Velocitron Speedia 500’s Leader GALAXY SHUTTLE. Now I know what some of you are going to say, he should be alot larger as he appears on the Transformers animated Victory series. The G1 toy did have a third mode but it wasn’t a sweet choochoo train. Well all aboard the crazy train because when I found this alt head in the mold from Siege Astrotrain I started spinning in my computer chair yellin “Wooooo”!!! Full blown Ric Flair strutting around my room!!
    One of my favorite things when I was a Master Model Artist for Transformers was when I recieved the first shot of the grey model prototypes shipped in. Most of the time, the extra alt head came in a seperate small baggy unidentified. I used to try and guess what character it was going to become and it soon turned into my favorite lil game!
    So, I didn’t get to work on this design for Astrotrain, but I have a special love for the bot, especially the G1 white version of the toy, def one of my favs as a wee young lad. As I was searching through the mold I stumbled on these images of Galaxies unused head sculpt and I just couldn’t resist.
    So, I did screw on Astrotrain’s head just to take a gander, might have to get back on my custom game and do up a special one for the shelf.
    I unfortunately don’t know who from TT designed this awesome figure either. Sorry! They did a fantastic job though, because this toy rules! Lots of fun! I do wonder if the designer that drew the sculpt for the launch pad realized it could be painted as a duel purpose helicopter pad

Galaxy Shuttle has already been found in the UK... so I wonder if we will get an early release too, like the Deluxe class.

For those wondering what's happening with Velocitron Hot Rod, he's being put on hold. Seeing as I don't know what plans they have for the Velocitron line (if wave 3 will be in Legacy Evolution, or another line will replace it), I imagine either he'll be cancelled, or end up showing up at places like The Reject Shop or Toymate for like $35
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    For those wondering what's happening with Velocitron Hot Rod, he's being put on hold. Seeing as I don't know what plans they have for the Velocitron line (if wave 3 will be in Legacy Evolution, or another line will replace it), I imagine either he'll be cancelled, or end up showing up at places like The Reject Shop or Toymate for like $35
    It's sad that there is no real lead on where the Velocitron line is going. Figure for figure I've probably enjoyed that line more than any of the main lines.

I'm hoping that they find a way to get the rest of the G2 Stunticons out.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Galaxy Shuttle has already been found in the UK... so I wonder if we will get an early release too, like the Deluxe class.
    Local release for Galaxy Shuttle is MIA I guess
    UK had it on fire sale.

I would suspect that the winding up of the Velocitron line was more due to the Movie toys coming out soon, rather than the Velocitron toys being unpopular... as I can see Walmart (the ones who commissioned Velocitron... and the Netflix toys before that) were probably just wanting a space-filler line between movies. And now that there will be a lot of Walmart's money and warehouse/store space committed to Movie toys (and probably some Walmart exclusive ROTB toys), the Generations toys would be taking a back seat, coming a distant third in their focus on the Transformers Brand, behind ROTB and Earthspark.

Perhaps it is just bad timing, and Hasbro and Walmart had expected to have all of wave 2 out before the Movie toys started being shipped out, but global supply chain delays may have just been enough to affect the Voyager and Leader toys.

Hopefully they were both manufactured in full, so that they do end up getting a decent release, and then show up here at some point.

I'm still keen to get a Legacy Galaxy Shuttle. Hopefully they release some more stock of him.

Walmart seemingly restocked Galaxy Shuttle, in case you have connections and wish to secure one