Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Walmart Velocitron Legacy toys

Default Walmart Velocitron Legacy toys

Pics of Override in her box have been leaked, and now we know the toyline's called Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection. But it hasn't stopped there as we get our first looks at Road Hauler. I'm hoping an announcement on the toyline is made soon.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

I think we can call both reveals official now

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    Pics of Override in her box have been leaked, and now we know the toyline's called Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection. But it hasn't stopped there as we get our first looks at Road Hauler. I'm hoping an announcement on the toyline is made soon.
    The box shapes are very Gen1 retro, while the colouring makes me think of the Actionmasters packaging.
    I really like them, but probably would have preferred the boxes to be closed - not only to protect the limited release toys, but also to make it look even more retro.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I think we can call both reveals official now
    For toys like these that should be getting an official reveal, I usually try to hold off until that happens, because in the past I have seen some really good custom packaging that ended up being faked.
    I guess for now I can move these to their own news topic, as most people think the packaging is legit... and if anything proves otherwise, I'll move the posts back into their own topic.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

The sad part about this is picturing Cosmos in that packaging

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

So it turns out that the second wave of Velocitron does not include Shadowstriker, but rather Shadowstrip, a G2 re-colour of Drag Strip. Has been found on NZ Kmart shelves along with Crasher.

Pics of Velocitron Voyager Hot Rod have been leaked, showing him to be more of a G1 toy accurate redeco. Feels weird how not long ago the cartoon accurate toy has the more premium one, and now it's the G1 toy accurate one.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

I do like the darker red, but not a fan of the paint apps on the legs (I know that they were going for toy accuracy, just not a fan of the execution).
    I may be alone here, but I'd happily accept a few less accessories if it meant they could fix the yellow panel on the roof. I'm sure it's due to various parts using the same sprue, and therefore changing just that one piece would take up some budget. I could do without the hand-saw piece as a compromise since that isn't toy accurate anyway.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Given all the G2 nods in the line it would have been cool to see Hot Rod is his magenta G2 colours from the comic

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Given all the G2 nods in the line it would have been cool to see Hot Rod is his magenta G2 colours from the comic
    This is a very good point, and a missed opportunity. Still I like the darker red

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    This is a very good point, and a missed opportunity. Still I like the darker red
    Agreed, the toy colour is nice! And it will be at the deluxe price point... (mostly )