Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU new toy sightings

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Toyworld just got in wave 10, for $25 each. Bought Randor, Digitino, Trap Jaw & Whiplash this morning. Postage was $15.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Toyworld just got in wave 10, for $25 each. Bought Randor, Digitino, Trap Jaw & Whiplash this morning. Postage was $15.
    Me too. We never get anything new here in WA. Reasonable prices and they always ship really fast. Something a lot of other online stores can learn from. Coming from Hobart of all places.

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    Mr Toys Toyworld at Macgregor has Masterverse He-Man 40 years edition for $37.99
    I didn't remember this sighting when I saw this on Amazon Australia last month, and I purchased it, as I thought it would go well with my original 80s He-man... and it made me realise that it has almost been 40 years since I was first exposed to MOTU toys (in 1983).
    The ironic thing is, that even though I was exposed to MOTU before Transformers, I never owned a MOTU toy as a kid. I just had friends and cousins who had MOTU toys that I played with.

None of the Gold Coast Toyworld Stores have stock of the new MOTU Wave 10…. Just plenty of wave 1 he-man and skeletons, battle cats and castle grey skulls. Not clear if they’ve been cleared out by scalpers (quite a few listed on eBay for local sellers), or just didn’t get any in. The Toyworld stores don’t ever know what stock they’re getting either.

If we’re lucky, it will eventually turn up at Toyworld and Big W stores. Keep checking your locals, I guess.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

My wave 10 toys were dispatched from Hobart, it turns out. I expect people are buying online rather than in store.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I didn't remember this sighting when I saw this on Amazon Australia last month, and I purchased it, as I thought it would go well with my original 80s He-man... and it made me realise that it has almost been 40 years since I was first exposed to MOTU toys (in 1983).
    The ironic thing is, that even though I was exposed to MOTU before Transformers, I never owned a MOTU toy as a kid. I just had friends and cousins who had MOTU toys that I played with.
    It was an impulse buy for me, I knew it was on Amazon, and was planning to order, happy to see at retail, at the time the price was just about the same. I never had any Motu toys, I just missed out, I don’t remember see them physically in a shop, but plenty of memories of the commercials, catalogues and cartoon series.

Big W Belmont - restock of Skeletor and 1x Pig Head (from Sun Man). I will post a pic later. EDIT: Pic added.

Last edited by Skyfire; 23rd December 2022 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Pic added.

Skeletors are on clearance for $13 at BigW by the way.

Big W Garden City had a few origins Pig Head,. Also a new wave of Masterverse , Jitsu, Battle Armor He Man, Sun Man, and He-Ro. I picked up a couple of figures as I don’t really want to be completist. Hopefully they restock a couple of times.

Big W Belmont - 1x Mantenna. Also special edition (not sure what they're called - look like the origin toys with different accessories) He-man and Skeletor. EDIT: pic added and forgot to mention that a Pig-Head was still there.

Last edited by Skyfire; 6th January 2023 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Pic added.