Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Transformers Collaborative: Tonka Mash-Up, Tonkanator

I gave the link you guys put above to my wife to order. Not sure what she did from there.

Checked last night and she said it has left California so you are correct.

Got mine yesterday. I was surprised it came with a sheet of stickers. Do you think it was for those that want to leave the vehicles looking like the actual Tonka toys which didn't have the stickers?

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
    I was surprised it came with a sheet of stickers. Do you think it was for those that want to leave the vehicles looking like the actual Tonka toys which didn't have the stickers?
    It's funny you say that, as I would have expected it to come with stickers, being a G1 repaint. Yet now I think of it, there have been some G1 repaints that omitted stickers.

The stickers are a nice nostalgic homage to the first few years of Transformers... but I think they could have been better served by being factory applied, as the toys already have stickers applied anyway. That way, the stickers are applied neatly, and it also satisfies the small number of us oldies who like the nostalgia of a sticker sheet but don't have the time, the patience... or the eyesight... to apply 50-odd tiny fiddly stickers to (small) plastic toys.
    It took me a little while, with tweezers and a bright light to read the numbers, to get them all done (in 3 batches while watching tv, as it wasn't too exciting to want to sit down at a desk to do them all at once without something entertaining to watch).
    I noticed though, that the section of the instruction sheet that shows where to put the stickers, has the vehicle modes mirror-flipped (for those that are not symmetrical), so take note of where the stickers need to go on some of them.
    (I also had to place some of the allegiance stickers in different spots on two of them, as they were totally covering up stickers that were already on the toys, and I didn't like the idea of having that effort to create a sticker with details on it, just to have it hidden for all of eternity.)