Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: board update june 2022

Quote Originally Posted by kovert View Post
    Is Omega Metro referring to the red page with the text 'This news page is currently under re-construction' and the link text 'The OZFORMERS messageboard is usually here'? I see that every time, too.
    Yes I am. I can’t post attachments on this thread though so I can’t post a pic of it

Can you email me a screenshot ( griffin @ otca.com.au ), including the address bar that gives you a red screen... as both main addresses for this board should be:

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/index.php

or

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/

There must be an orphaned script floating in the background somewhere, that could be picking up on certain devices or browsers... which I will have to look for, if you are using either of those addresses.

I got sent a screenshot, and it is the "temporary" page at the main domain name url (www.otca.com.au). It used to have a news page on it (auto-feeding from the messageboard), but I had to shut it down after it stopped working after an upgrading to a newer version of the messageboard.

I'm just glad it isn't the board's url that is giving people the message of "under construction", as that would have been a problem that I had no immediate ideas to fix.

If you bookmark either of the messageboard urls that I posted above, you can skip seeing that main domain page completely... at least, until I can find a way of re-establishing the news feed.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Not sure if this is the right place, but it may be something to do with the update.

I cannot currently post more than 2103 characters in a single entry (which is a really odd number); doing so gives me a 403 Forbidden Access to this resource on the server is denied! error. I'm sure I've been able to make longer posts in the past. Had to split a post here today.

I will look into it.

The post max-min settings are set to have no limit on the size of the posts... so it could be another glitch, like with trying to post links.
    I have some ideas on how to fix it, which I will look into.

Unrelated, but bad timing - one of my server hosts (for the toycollectors domain, which hosts all of the Transformers image and resource files), has been bought out, so there may be some other glitches in the next few weeks that relates to access to images and non-board files. (the board is hosted on a different server, so isn't affected by this).

I'm still not able to post images via any means. Get the 403 Forbidden message whenever I try.
    Won't even let me post an emoji.
    If there is a fix, could someone please point me in the right direction.
    Cheers.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

That seems very aggressive for the 403... I really need to figure out how to stop it happening at all.

This 403 monster has gotten worse. I can no longer "Reply with Quote" or switch to "Go Advanced" when replying.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

The board needs to be upgraded, but I'm just not sure if I trust the server host to be able to do it... as they screwed up something else with the initial move to their server and wouldn't answer my questions about it.