Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Legacy wave 3

Default Legacy wave 3

From a UK online store on facebook, comes official images of two of wave 3's Legacy toys - Voyager Inferno (Beast Wars fire-ant) and Voyager Starscream (Armada jet).
    I would imagine that Hasbro will be revealing wave 3 at SDCC next week... which will have its own news topic, but this one can end up including various random reveals of wave 3 along the way.

Last edited by griffin; 17th July 2022 at 07:01 PM.

The ant mode looks a little comical... but the robot mode looks nice - it just has too much tail sticking up above the robot head.

Another Armada Starscream... which will mean several redecos and remoulds along the way.

I hope that Inferno will be repainted as Legacy Antagony. Hasbro can shut up and take my money if that's the case!

JJJ is online now Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Deluxe Starscream (Armada jet).
    Erm, that should be voyager.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Erm, that should be voyager.
    The boxes say they are both Voyagers

Ooops... fixed.

Makes sense for Inferno, who was larger in the cartoon that the Deluxes, because he was a larger sized toy in the original toyline.

I guess I was just hoping that Starscream would be a Deluxe, because of the inevitable repaints that will cost a lot more at the higher price point.

The Deluxe-sized Armada Starscream in the 30th Classics line was absolutely perfect in every way - even has firing missiles, so I was actually pretty disappointed with a Legacy Armada Starscream that didn’t…… the earlier release would be better. But a Voyager sized one would be perfect, and comparable to the original Armada Starscream (probably a little smaller, as voyagers have been downsized a little). I was never able to get the Takara Armada Starscream in white, so this might finally be my chance. Although the box pictures seem much whiter than the ones of the actual toy…. Hoping its just lighting.

I’d really like to see them milk this seeker mold- Thundercracker at a minimum, but Skywarp with a mild remould would be even better. Ramjet. Or perhaps some seekers we didn’t get originally, but homaging G1 characters.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Pass and pass.

Not really a fan of these, especially at voyager scale.

JJJ is online now Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I�d really like to see them milk this seeker mold- Thundercracker at a minimum, but Skywarp with a mild remould would be even better. Ramjet. Or perhaps some seekers we didn�t get originally, but homaging G1 characters.
    I'm currently half-way through Energon, having recently watched Armada. Do the other seekers appear at all?

If not, I suspect we won't get toys of them, or at least not for a long time - I think that production slots (retail, exclusive, and fan-channel) are going to be filled with all the other toys from all the other continuities that Hasbro just committed to...

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    I'm currently half-way through Energon, having recently watched Armada. Do the other seekers appear at all?

If not, I suspect we won't get toys of them, or at least not for a long time - I think that production slots (retail, exclusive, and fan-channel) are going to be filled with all the other toys from all the other continuities that Hasbro just committed to...
    Thundercracker - He never appeared in the Armada cartoon, although Starscream does say his powerlinx mode looks like Thundercracker. Then there's Cybertron Thundercracker, but he looks nothing like Starscream.
    Skywarp - Same as Thundercracker, although he also never appeared in Cybertron either. He did have a role in the comics though.
    Ramjet - Again only appeared in the comics.
    Thrust - Never appeared in the car- no wait he did, except he was like Cybertron Thundercracker in which he looked nothing like Starscream.
    Dirge - He exists, just never appeared in the cartoons or comics. Is based off Powerlinx Thrust
    Sunstorm - Appears in the comics, redeco of Thrust.

As far as I'm concerned, that's just about it for the seekers who appeared in Armada.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures