Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AUG 16th live reveal - Studio Series & Legacy wave 3

Just watched the turnaround video for Hot Rod and tbh, I'm even more keen now.

It's a bloody clean robot mode, especially for a Studio Series deluxe car based figure. Too many of those just become cape-formers where you get most of the car body compressing into a backpack/cape thing that sort of hangs off the back. This looks like it actually properly transforms into the figure.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    The earliest Legacy listings mentioned a Core SKullgrin. This list is nearly a year old and was fairly accurate - wrong Soundwave and some case assortments a bit off though.

Probably the Skullgrin is the Bomb-Burst?
    Well, now that we've actually seen Bomb-Burst and not a core Skullgrin, yeah, that's probably the way its gone. Shame, though.

That Bomb-Burst looks amazing!

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

The Official images from Amazon UK....

And the official images that were in the Live Stream (screenshots from the tfw link in the first post)...

A leak of The Fallen toy just a day before it was officially revealed shows that there is an inner face behind the outer face/mask, to replicate the plot device in the Movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Bomb-Burst does look interesting but I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting my new Legacy Pretenders to be in the same scale. I think Skullgrin could have worked better as a Core than the deluxe.

Looking at the TFTM Rumble toy next to the TFTM Ratchet toy, I'm guessing his tape mode is still compatible with the Siege/Netflix Soundwave? Anyone seen that confirmed somewhere? I was disappointed with all the WFC Micromaster tapes and wouldn't mind them getting a redo (although not so much at $20 each...)
    If this Rumble is the same size as the first few SS Core class (Exosuit Spike and Shockwave), I can't see it fitting in Siege/Netflix Soundwave, as those cassettes were about half to third of the size.
    I guess it means a new Soundwave will be necessary for the SS86 line, especially if they are planning to have more of the cassettes from the Movie.

I agree about there shouldn't be a size difference with the "Pretenders", particularly the ones that were of the same size and series in the original toyline. I wonder if Skullgrin was just too complicated with its engineering to do in Core class size, and had to be upscaled to Deluxe... and the others were maybe too simple to have as Deluxes.

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    That Bomb-Burst looks amazing!
    For me, Bomb Burst was the best of the reveals, followed by Rumble.

Other is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

They said on the stream that Rumble fits in the recently released Soundwave/Blaster

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I expect Rumble to be the same dimensions as Eject.

Yeah, same dimensions as the WFC cassettes. So compatible with Siege/Netflix Soundwave (or Kingdom/Legacy Blaster if you insist).

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChXK0VuOi0_/
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Okay... that's surprising. It will be small for a Core Class, even with the added accessories. A 2-pack of (Micromaster) cassettes was $20, but now a single one is also going to be $20.