Thread: OCTOBER 2022 Transformers comics and books

Default OCTOBER 2022 Transformers comics and books

Transformers comics and books expected for release in October, with covers and details from here and here.

The winding down of IDW continues, with just two issues for this month, and one of them looks to be digital only (the Best Of comic).

Transformers Best of Grimlock
    (W) Various (A) Various (CA) James Biggie
    Bow down to him, Grimlock king! Leader of the Dinobots (and sometimes the Dynobots), the titanic T. rex is here to save the day! Grimlock’ll stomp and chomp all the baddies who’ve never stood a chance in this exciting collection! Best of Grimlock collects Transformers ’84: Secrets & Lies #4, “Victory!” from Transformers Annual 1986, “Devices and Desires!” from Transformers: Generation 2 #4, “Grimlock the Rebel” from Transformers: King Grimlock #1, “Kill All ‘Cons” from Transformers: Lost Light #15, and more!

Transformers Shattered Glass II, #3

(W) Danny Lore (A/CA) Guido Guidi (CA) Lantana Gao (CA) Stefano Simeone (CA) Casey Coller
    Slicer has been tasked with the war’s most important task: infiltrate Goldbug’s camp around Metroplex to sabotage his plans and gather information for Ultra Magnus. The bot that controls the Titan wins the war, but Slicer has bigger problems. And Soundwave gives a voice to all of them.
    Recent and Upcoming TPBs & Books.
    -- IDW Collection Phase 3 Vol 3 HC - IDW 400 pages (Revolutionaries #5-8, Lost Light #8-12, Optimus Prime #7-10, Annual 2017, Salvation) - SEPT 27 (digital release SEPT 28)
    -- Transformers Beast Wars Vol 3 SC - IDW 152 pages (issues 13-17, Annual 2022) - OCT 4 (digital release OCT 5)
    -- The Art and Making of Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy HC - VIZ Media 192 pages - OCT 11 (was SEPT 13) (digital release unlikely)
    -- Transformers Last Bot Standing SC - IDW 136 pages (all 4 issues) - OCT 25 (digital release OCT 26)
    -- Transformers 2019 Vol 6 - Wars End HC - IDW 304 pages (Transformers #37-43, War's End #1-4, Fate of Cybertron) - NOV 15 (was NOV 1) (digital release NOV 16)
    June 2022 comics and books

July 2022 comics and books

August 2022 comics and books

September 2022 comics and books

(all but 3 links removed so that it could be posted... the links to the comics can be reached through the September listing, which is one of the links above)

As the IDW comics wind up with just a couple more to go, a preview of issue 3 of the second Shattered Glass comic which was out in the first week of November.

Also, it looks like I was wrong about the "Best of" comics that were being released this year, in that they weren't just Digital comics.... as I was looking on ebay for IDW comics I was missing and found most of the "Best of" comics listed for sale. Which means that the Rarities comic that I was interested in getting, is still possible as a physical comic.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'd forgotten all about that Rarities comic. Time to hunt it down I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    I'd forgotten all about that Rarities comic. Time to hunt it down I guess.
    Good luck... the rarities comic is proving quite rare... and the small number that I have found on places like ebay, they are 4-5 times their shelf price.

It just really sucks that Amazon looks to have decided not to get any more physical copies of the IDW comics - maybe they didn't want to be stuck with comics that would be in less demand after the end of this year.
    If I had realised earlier that the "Best of" comics were indeed printed as physical copies, I might have collected them all, or at least chased up the ones I wanted a lot earlier while they were still in stock at comic shops.

Well, that's it.... the last Transformers comic from IDW is now out - the 5th issue of Shattered Glass volume 2, with a preview posted here.

There still doesn't look to be a TPB for Shattered Glass volume 2, probably because it is too close to the end of their license.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

:'(