Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transformers exhibit at Sydney OzComicCon SEPT 24-25 2022

Thanks for the photos!

Today's pics

griffin spinning the prize wheel

A cosplayer dressed as Uzui Tengen from Demon Slayers. Uzui Tengen is voiced by Konishi Katsuyuki, who also voiced Grand Convoy in Transformers Super Link (a.k.a. Optimus Prime). As I incidentally had Energon Snow Cat with me, I took a photo of him holding said toy.

Hasbro reps

High angle shot of the Transformers stand

High angle shot of the convention

Spin that wheel!

Selfie with Robosen Optimus Prime

Being trodden on by Bumblebee

Another "5 decades of Transformers" display (each toy comes from a different decade)

High angle shenanigans
    (unfortunately griffin had already left by this stage to catch his flight)

Was the Robosen Optimus yours, Gok? You're cuddling him like he's your baby

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Good job guys.

Didn't get there as I was out of town, but caught you on the Toob. The Host, didn't help much and sadly nor did Prime.

Hope you had a great time.

Also, sorry to dredge up the past, didn't you guys get in trouble at Supernova 2003 :P

And what did you win on the wheel?

I took way too many photos... and I am still catching up on sleep outside of my work hours, so it is taking longer than I wanted to, to process and post up photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    And what did you win on the wheel?
    The wheel spin could have been handled a lot better. There was no signage to tell people that it was even there, nor did people know what they could win... or that it was free. And people just kept coming back to spin until they got a free toy, or had several posters, as we couldn't really stop anyone from spinning more than once.
    Everyone won something, either one of six temporary tattoos, a small Earthspark cartoon poster, a large Gen1 comic poster, or a random Kingdom toy (ironically, most of them were Pipes, which never really showed up at physical retail stores here). There was also a one-off prize that went off during the first day, which was a family pass to Seaworld (at the Gold Coast), but the winner (most likely from Sydney) would have to make their own way there.
    I had to leave early on Sunday to be at the airport early, but with about 3 hours left of the Convention they still had about 500 Gen1 posters and cartoon posters, and a couple hundred temporary tattoos. (they ran out of toys around midday Sunday)

The other thing that the Hasbro failed to do with their booth was to have the staff obvious to the regular attendees. Not only was there Hasbro staff taking turns during the weekend at their booth (mostly just standing around), but they had employed a professional promotions company to set up and run most of the booth's features (the wheel and the Robosen Optimus)... and since everyone was wearing the new licensed Transformers t-shirts, they didn't stand out from any of the regular attendees who wore themed or licensed clothing. They should have been wearing "Hasbro" t-shirts or name-tags that clearly let people know that they were part of the booth and to invite people to answer questions. Or at the very least, to be informed about the new Transformers products and cartoon without feeling like they were being confronted by random strangers.

The other bad thing was having the presentation panel on so early. It was the first of the weekend, just an hour after the doors opened to the public, so we hardly had any time to let people know that there was a presentation (what it was about and where it was). And for those who were interested in the "reveal" of the new packaging, they could already see it in the display case at the main booth an hour before the presentation panel.

I've been so busy since the convention (hardly had any time to process the photos and info), it still feels like it was just the other day.
    Just dumping some of the photos here...

Starting with some things that Goktimus didn't already post up - the spin-the-wheel prizes.

Temporary Tattoos

Small cartoon poster

Large Gen1 comic poster

Kingdom toys

The packaging for the Spin-Changer Bumblebee.

Something interesting was finding a painted pre-production Bumblebee toy that Hasbro America sent with the rest of the toys, but we didn't have it in the display case... but here it is compared to the production toy (the pre-production toy was missing a side-panel, but you can see some mould changes between prototype and final product).

That Gen1 Comic poster looks awesome. Do you know if its available anywhere else, or was it just a one off promo thing?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    That Gen1 Comic poster looks awesome. Do you know if its available anywhere else, or was it just a one off promo thing?
    I've got this poster with similar artwork.

Got mine from Kmart but you can order here from The Gamesmen https://www.gamesmen.com.au/transfor...o-comic-poster

Bought a cheap poster frame for it from Kmart as well.

Oh that looks awesome framed Deano. Thanks for the heads up on where to get it.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!