Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers exhibit at Sydney OzComicCon SEPT 24-25 2022

Default Transformers exhibit at Sydney OzComicCon SEPT 24-25 2022

Transformers Earthspark to be featured on display at Sydney Oz Comic Con - SEPT 24-25.

For those who don't know, the next new Transformers series is called Earthspark, and the cartoon is being released in November 2022, while the toys are scheduled to hit stores in Australia in February 2023 (American release of the toys is November, with the cartoon).

(premise) In the small town of Witwicky Pennsylvania, two kids, Robby and Morgan (Mo) Malto, find a strange object that gives life to Twitch and Thrash - two Transformers who are now bonded to the Malto family. With the help of Bumblebee and the Autobots, the two new Transformers and the Maltos have to work together to deal with threats from both Decepticons and humans, while learning what it means to be a family.

For those Transformers fans living in Sydney, or will be in Sydney that weekend, this year's Oz Comic Con at the Sydney Showgrounds (Homebush) will have a special Transformers exhibit set up by Hasbro and eOne to promote the new Transformers toyline and cartoon - Earthspark.

Some elements are still to be confirmed closer to the Convention weekend, but what we are expecting is:
    - The First wave of Earthspark toys on display at the main exhibit (as seen at SDCC in July), for Australians to be some of the first Transformers fans in the world to be able to see in person, some Transformers toys that will not be in stores here for another 4 months. (and subject to Hasbro approval, we might even be allowed to have some Fans with significant social media following, to be able to personally review some of the new toys at the convention)
    - A world first reveal of the packaging of several first wave Earthspark toys.
    - A presentation panel at 10am on Saturday 24th on the Community Stage, to introduce Australia to the brand new toys and cartoon (we should have a lot more information and details than SDCC, as we are a lot closer to the release of the cartoon)
    - Spin-the-wheel give-away of Transformers products at the main exhibit (most likely for kids only, so make sure you bring a child... preferably your own ... so that you might get a chance to play).
    - The Bumblebee Sculpture from last year that is inspired by Cyberverse Bumblebee, made of recycled parts, will be back on display this year - https://www.instagram.com/p/CXbPQVKN0M2/
    - A Robosen Optimus Prime on display at the main exhibit, showing how it works.
    - A live unboxing of some of the first wave toys, to be filmed and posted up later by Hasbro (to be confirmed closer to the date).

Details of the convention can be found here - https://ozcomiccon.com/sydney/
    The convention is two days, Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th, from 9am to 5pm, with a range of ticket options listed here (kids 4 and under are free) - https://ozcomiccon.com/sydney/sydneytickets/
    For more info on the location and guest access, check out the FAQ - https://ozcomiccon.com/faqs/

For those fans unable to make it that weekend, tune into Channel 10's "Studio 10" morning show on Friday 23rd (8.30am to midday), as they are booked in to cross over to the convention live, and are supposed to be featuring the Transformers exhibit. I don't know what time during the 3.5 hour morning show it will be on, so maybe record the whole thing and then find it later. (hopefully someone will be able to share the clip, or a link to it online somewhere)

More details to follow, as things are confirmed (or changed) closer to the Convention weekend.

We need a big turnout of Transformers fans to show Hasbro that Australia is where they should do more official reveals, so please try to come on down. At least come on Saturday if you can, to check out both the Exhibit and the Presentation Panel. And PLEASE, if you have kids (boys or girls), bring them along too, to check out the new toys and cartoon (trailer), as we really want to hear their feedback, as they are the primary target demographic.

Just a reminder that it is on in two days time, at the Dome at the Sydney Showgrounds, Olympic Park... with a Transformers Booth promoting Earthspark, and some other licensed items... so I hope to see a fair few Australian Transformers fans there over the two days.

The booth is at A121, which is right near the entrance... and at 10am in the morning in the "Halloween Ends Theatre" there will be a live reveal of the Earthspark toys IN PACKAGING for the first time in the world.

Since I will be one of two fans helping out Hasbro at the convention, I have already been shown the packaging and toys, and have been given permission to review and post up images after the convention - but Hasbro will be having a professional filming at the convention and the presentation, so you should see something on their official Socials at some point too.

The Oz Comic Con site notes the panel on their schedule page, but not the display booth yet on the map - ttps://ozcomiccon.com/sydney/

And for those in Australia who can't make it to the convention, check out the Studio 10 Morning Show (channel 10 in Australia) at about 10.50am FRIDAY, for a "live" cross to the Hasbro exhibit... and maybe some surprises too.

A delay with the TV cross... it's now at about 11.40am.
    It can't be delayed any more, as the show ends at midday.

(the last-minute public holiday for the Queen yesterday meant that they had to set up the booth today, so it wasn't ready in time)

I will be at Olympic park tomorrow for the Womens basketball World Cup. Should have some time in the morning to check the display out.

Live cross with Studio 10

The exhibit (will look more impressive tomorrow with games and prizes etc.)

Re-enacting our poses from Sydney SupaNova, 2003!

Hope you all have a fun day tomorrow.

The poster and standees look pretty awesome promoting the new Earthspark show. Can’t wait to see some of the new toys, and to hear how they perform with kids and adults alike.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Just a couple of photos first, before we are allowed to show the products up close...

Have fun! Great you got this opportunity

Were you able to transform the toys at all, and I’d be curious to hear how Hasbro perceived the event. It would be good if it encouraged them to do more.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!