Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Retro G1 Reissues - 1986 Movie anime editions

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    That is pricy for a set of Insecticons.
    The Platinum Edition set of all three Insecticons (and three energon cubes) was only A$69.99 back in 2017.

Kickback and Perceptor have hit retail shelves in Singapore at Toys R Us. Kickback is the same price as all the other reissues at SGD$59.99, so my guess is we will be paying $69 from Big W (plus delivery if under $100), which would be exhorbitant.

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    How off putting is the yellow chest... I mean, they look good but wow you need to do a double take.
    This is how I feel about all cartoon-coloured reissues.

AIE Games has listed TFTM G1 Perceptor, Kickback and Shrapnel, for 1/9/23 release.

So, in addition to Big W probably getting these, I anticipate other local retailers too will stock them (as is the case for the previous TFTM G1 reissues) e.g. Gamesmen, Mighty Ape, Ozzie Collectables.

AIE Games appears to be a wholesaler... so these could really show up anywhere that isn't a major franchise, making it difficult to know where to find them, and difficult to know who will have the best price (as independent outlets will have larger markups).

Thanks to member Skyfire for pointing out that JBHifi have just listed all 4 waves of 1986 Movie Anime reissues, for release over the next three months (wave 1&2 for August, wave 3 for September, wave 4 for October).
    That probably means BigW won't be releasing anymore after they did the first two waves late last year, for $69 each.

The JB prices are $65 each (a little cheaper than BigW), while the two smaller Insecticons are a little cheaper at $60 each (still very hefty).

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/search?pag...sformers+retro

That makes it a little easier for tracking down the later four, even if it is a bit expensive... it is probably still cheaper than importing them from Asian or American outlets.

Other is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I've already seen Starscream, Thundercracker, Hound and Hot Rod in store today so if you look around you might just find them locally real soon

Perceptor and Kickback are waiting for me to collect at JB Hi-Fi, says the email today, but the SMS today says the release date is 1 Sep. Skywarp and Shrapnel are due for 31 Oct release.

Ozzie Collectables has Skywarp for preorder, $69.99, releasing 1/10/23.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

So I guess with 4, 40th retro reissues planned who do we think they'll be?

Who knows if we should take the "40th" aspect of it seriously, or if it'll just be a continuation of the line?