Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Retro G1 Reissues - 1986 Movie anime editions

The first one is now available in Australia, from BigW... but only for Delivery - NOT even pickup at a store.

It is $69 plus shipping (either $8 or $10, depending on where you live).

https://www.bigw.com.au/product/the-...retro/p/256480

Price seems like a lot, but Asian sources were about au$55-60 before shipping, so this one is comparatively priced.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The first one is now available in Australia, from BigW... but only for Delivery - NOT even pickup at a store. .
    Any board member got toys from Big W delivered recently? Do they pack them well from rough handling?

Quote Originally Posted by High_Q View Post
    Any board member got toys from Big W delivered recently? Do they pack them well from rough handling?
    I'd say Big W's packaging is the usual standard - somewhat larger boxes of fairly good carton quality, fairly well padded with Sealed Air packets. I've gotten toys from over east and Perth delivered. As someone who cares somewhat about box quality, I don't have any particular complaints.

I posted another source for Starscream in the online sightings thread, but I'll also post it here:
    Mighty Ape has it on preorder for 31 Mar release. When it first came up, it was $67.99 but they've since added a dollar (shipping is $5.99).

My order is on the way from Big W. Can report when it arrives.

I ordered books from them two weeks back, one book had some bent pages from moving around the box

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    I'd say Big W's packaging is the usual standard - somewhat larger boxes of fairly good carton quality, fairly well padded with Sealed Air packets. I've gotten toys from over east and Perth delivered. As someone who cares somewhat about box quality, I don't have any particular complaints.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    My order is on the way from Big W. Can report when it arrives. I ordered books from them two weeks back, one book had some bent pages from moving around the box
    Thanks, guys. So, at least the toys are packed in boxes. I was worried they'd pack them in unpadded mailing satchels.

Got mine today. The box was huge but comically poorly dimensioned to fit the Starscream box so the result was that the flap was bent.

I am disappoint.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I wish I’d seen this sooner. It’s showing as not available for delivery.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I wish I�d seen this sooner. It�s showing as not available for delivery.
    Showing as available for delivery for me to a Victoria address still. I ordered earlier in the week and it was packed from a NSW address. Odd that QLD wouldnt be available?

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Got mine today. The box was huge but comically poorly dimensioned to fit the Starscream box so the result was that the flap was bent.

I am disappoint.
    Just got mine. Ironically the flap wasn't bent (although had a slight curve to it) but there was a ding in one corner of the box.

It doesn't bother me personally as I'm not a MISB collector most of the time, but it's worth noting for those who are I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    Big W now has online (only) The Transformers: The Movie Retro G1, releasing 5/4/23, each $69:

Thundercracker.
    Hound.

Free shipping at $100.
    So now that Big W has further G1 retros available at $69, and how that seems exorbitant, I went back to my 1980s scrapbook of shopping catalogue clippings to see what the orginal cars and planes cost.

The major retailers back then (Target, Kmart, Big W, Myer) were selling them for $13-20 (lower pricing from sales) around 1984. As per the Reserve Bank of Australia inflation calculator, that's $45-69 in 2022 money (the calculator only goes to the last financial year), or 3.3% inflation (which is less than inflation at the moment).