Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Retro G1 Reissues - 1986 Movie anime editions

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I may as well try asking here. The last time Hound was reissued, his head wouldn't pop up the whole way. Is that still the case with this reissue, or has the problem been fixed?
    Looking To Buy Either Siege Or Earthrise Ratchet, and Buzzworthy SS86 ER Cliffjumper.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    Got Hound and Thundercracker from Big W. They used a medium-sized, standard quality Big W carton (with good amount of brown sheet paper stuffing) that needed Thundercracker angled to fit inside, so the flap was slightly bent and very slightly creased at the back. Not unhappy. The rest of the box was fine and Hound was mint.

You beat me by the weekend v76.
    Mine was packed the same way and very little damage if any.

And no, we both picked up the parcel on the same day

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

My Thundercracker was packed by itself with a bit of brown packing paper. Was slightly wedged towards the bottom which curved the top of the card slightly. Was able to straighten it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    I may as well try asking here. The last time Hound was reissued, his head wouldn't pop up the whole way. Is that still the case with this reissue, or has the problem been fixed?
    It looks like it has been fixed as it appears the head fully comes out but someone else can confirm as I dont have the reissue..

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Mine was packed the same way, with Thundercracker on the bottom, with the flap bent up. If they used some sense, they should have been putting the Hound in first in the orders of both toys, allowing Thundercracker to sit at an angle on top of it, so that it would remain un-bent.

These are items that are targeting collectors, who by definition, are mostly going to want the packaging to be as undamaged as the toy, as it is likely to be kept or left sealed.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Mine was packed the same way, with Thundercracker on the bottom, with the flap bent up. If they used some sense, they should have been putting the Hound in first in the orders of both toys, allowing Thundercracker to sit at an angle on top of it, so that it would remain un-bent.

These are items that are targeting collectors, who by definition, are mostly going to want the packaging to be as undamaged as the toy, as it is likely to be kept or left sealed.
    Mine was packed as you suggested, with Hound first then TC in the middle of the carton at a semi-vertical angle with the front facing angled upwards, and the top flap was still slightly bent toward the front of the box. But they used a lot of brown paper on top, so maybe that, and/or a forceful hand, pushed my box down a little. The shipping carton needed to be a bit larger, which often Big W does to the other extreme.

Hound's head seems fine. I also don't have the reissue but here are some pics. As for the seekers, both Starscream and Thundercracker have the legs angled a bit towards the feet, which is not present on my original TC. Looks like the newer moulds all have this.

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I have the Hound reissue (TF Collection, purchased from Japan), and the head seems to pop all thexway out. Was this an issue for all of these releases or just some?

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    Hound's head seems fine. I also don't have the reissue but here are some pics. As for the seekers, both Starscream and Thundercracker have the legs angled a bit towards the feet, which is not present on my original TC. Looks like the newer moulds all have this.

Yeah, that's definitely fixed. Thanks! I know what I'm ordering today.
    Looking To Buy Either Siege Or Earthrise Ratchet, and Buzzworthy SS86 ER Cliffjumper.

Cat, Big W has free shipping over $35 for today only. Use code THURSDAY.