Thread: Classics 2.0 Schedule Wave 1 Information Released

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I have seen it too.

Although I do prefer the concept art more than the figure shown in the pic, I am somewhat relieved that it is still a good representation of G1 Sunstreaker. The Altmode resembles the original and the robot mode is unmistakably him.

On that note, the ridges of the roof are not to my liking and the engine block sitting on the roof appears to be mistransformed, as if its not supposed to be there. Hopefully that's the case and the Engine does fit on the back and can be transformed to be attached to the back of the robot mode for a more classic Sunstreaker look.

The color scheme is a nice lemony yellow like the original Sunstreaker and the windows look to be clear but very dark but that may be lighting. I personally don't mind the head, it is umistakably Sunstreaker.

Now from a techinical point of view, it is not apparent at first but I can see a lot of the concept art still within this figure. It seems as if the legs have been mistransformed slitely for the Altaernator look and the hood of the car is now on his back. So if we twist his legs and feet little bit and turn his head 180 we would get something that resembles the concept art more. It also appears as if what I mentioned above will be done to make the official Transformation for Sideswipe as all they need to do is change/modify the head and swap the arms.

My real fear is that Sideswipe may be made into a Botcon Exclusive as he is not mentioned in the first 2 waves. We shall see.

Overall, I don't mind this toy. It is not as good as the concept art and a bit generic looking in its design but it looks okay to me.

I will wait till more pics are released and when I am finally holding it in my hands for a more conclusive opinion but so far, I am satisfied.
    ________
    HERB SCALES
    Last edited by kup; 22nd March 2011 at 02:56 PM.