Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Haslab Deathsaurus announced

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    Studio Series 86 Starscream comes with a throne.
    Oh. I skipped him completely because I never wanted a repack of WFC Starscream with a cape. That said, maybe he would be decent to go with my Unicron and Dead Optimus Prime...
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Oh. I skipped him completely because I never wanted a repack of WFC Starscream with a cape. That said, maybe he would be decent to go with my Unicron and Dead Optimus Prime...
    Yeah, although the Throne is more appropriate for Megs than Starscream.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Not that I have the money or inclination, however does it strike anyone else as odd that Hasbro puts a limit of 5 per customer on this?

1. It's made to order, so they can't sell out.
    2. The more units an individual purchases, the quicker to fulfilment.

The only thing I can assume is it's a safeguard against someone "ordering" 100 to get to project to fund and then not making good on their order. But if that's the only case, then the 5 limit seems a bit low.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

That's exactly why they do it, yes. As to why 5... Arbitrary number is arbitrary. At least they're not going with the rule of 3 here

EB themselves are likely liable for the capital that Hasbro ask, so any order cancellations lead to them being stuck with the bill

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tranceblade View Post
    EB themselves are likely liable for the capital that Hasbro ask, so any order cancellations lead to them being stuck with the bill
    The 5 unit limit is set on Haslab itself.

True, but it's not clear if that condition is specifically passed on to international partners. But consider that such partners may only need to declare the overall numbers that they will be committing... Or any low tier seller in SEA...

After just one week, the backer number so far is at about 6,000, of the minimum of 11,000 required... but that is about normal, as these sorts of things get a big surge at the beginning, and a surge at the end, so the next few weeks will be a slow increase (depending on how the non-American numbers are added to the Hasbro Pulse site).

TakaraTomy have also listed Deathsaurus for pre-order, for almost 30,000yen (almost au$350).

And some interesting tidbits from Hasbro designers about Deathsaurus (mirrored here)...

• Haslab Deathsaurus
      • Deathsaurus was originally planned for the Transformers 2023 main line (Legacy) but it was then changed for Haslab due to the success of Victory Saber.
      • More features could be achieved as a Haslab like a bigger and more appropriate size for the character.
      • Deathsaurus chest animals were originally planned to be sold as separate Core class toys if they would have stayed in the main line.
      • They thought fans weren’t so excited with a stand as a tier (as it was with Victory Saber), so they added Deathsaurus’ throne.
      • A color sample “is coming soon”.

The colour renders are now done by Hasbro, from their facebook page....