Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Haslab Deathsaurus announced

It’s a thing of beauty. We’re at 9377 backers so far with 21 days to go.

Does anyone know if Hasbro has added international customers yet?
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Does anyone know if Hasbro has added international customers yet?
    I think they might be, as it was sitting at 6,000-7,000 for a couple weeks up until a few days ago when I last checked it, and it is now showing at over 9,000.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

There was a dump of aroud 2400 orders a few days ago, yes. So presumably some international orders, but by no means all - there are plenty of places (such as EB) that are still taking orders. Speculation is that it was from TT Mall, but there's nothing to say either way on that. There should be more dumps presently, because some Asian channels are closing before the Haslab period ends.

The previous Haslab items had the numbers submitted each week to the local branch of Hasbro, and I guess they waited a few weeks before starting to add them to the Pulse site numbers... and any new pre-orders will be added periodically before the final cut-off.
    Some retailers may close their pre-orders before December 12th, but probably just to make sure they have enough time to get their final figures into their local branch of Hasbro in time to be covered.

It looks like they might have added another bulk of pre-orders, as it is now another 1000 up on yesterday's figure, needing just 800 more to make the minimum total of 11,000 for being funded (and then we have to see if it makes it to the extra two tiers, up to 17,000 for the extra accessories).

I see Robot Kingdom is very clear that their $50 deposit is non-refundable. Do they not realise they would be required by law to refund people if Deathsaurus somehow never reached its goal?
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Other is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

You're reading way too much into the term 'non-refundable', they just mean anyone who puts down a deposit can't back out, nothing about them keeping the deposit no matter what

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I see Robot Kingdom is very clear that their $50 deposit is non-refundable. Do they not realise they would be required by law to refund people if Deathsaurus somehow never reached its goal?
    Robot Kingdom is in Hong Kong, right?

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Robot Kingdom is in Hong Kong, right?
    Yeah, not sure that Australian consumer law applies or can be enforced there....

That said, I agree with Other, it's not "non-refundable" if the item doesn't reach it's goal. It's just if you change your mind after it HAS reached it's goal as then the store is stuck with moving a $179usd item.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Yeah, not sure that Australian consumer law applies or can be enforced there....
    ACL applies to any company doing business with Australian citizens, regardless of the country the retailer is based in. Go read up on it and protect yourself against retailers that try to screw you over. Grant it, normally it's places like Harvey Norman you need to protect yourself against, not places like Robot Kingdom.

Anyway, regardless of what RK has written, it's highly unlikely they will ever need to refund a Transformers Haslab project. Deathsaurus is about to reach its goal with plenty of time to spare and I'm sure the next one will be the same.