Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holiday Optimus Prime and GEN Selects Magnificus

Default Holiday Optimus Prime and GEN Selects Magnificus

More new toy reveals at the London Comic Con (for some reason, our Sydney Comic Con wasn't worthy of any new toy reveals)... the next Generations Selects toy Magnificus, and an usual seasoned themed toy, particularly for Hasbro, is the Holiday Optimus Prime.

Magnificus is the expected black redeco of Studio Series 1986 Perceptor, with the new Legacy Evolutions logo on the box.

Holiday Optimus Prime is a red & white "Christmas" themed deco to a new mould cab Optimus toy packed with the Earthrise Trailer. The cab is a nosed truck that looks a little bit like the Combat Hero version of Optimus from Gen2... so we are likely to see that redeco later at some point as well.

These two are noted as being listed for pre-order from November 1st in the UK, and probably in other countries as well.
    I think there is a good chance for both to be released here, based on previous listings, but I will see if I can get some info on it from the local branch (or we just see their listings go up on Tuesday).

The Christmas OP is so silly and I NEED it.

Other is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

That's certainly one way to make Lemonade out of the canceled Amazon OP.

A year and a half late, but the description on that 2021 "Amazon Optimus" matches this Christmas toy... being a Volvo truck, but definitely a different deco (and no miniature Amazon Prime boxes).

Transformers robots have always been -- More Than Meets the Eye -- but now, through the Transformers Collaborative, fans can experience these larger than life characters as they team-up, mash-up, and meet up with other characters, teams, and people who share this same special quality. There's more to Prime. A truck load more. Worlds collide in this Transformers-Amazon Prime mash-up pack! Special delivery from Optimus Prime! The Autobot leader takes on a new alt mode as the iconic Amazon Prime truck and he believes 2-day shipping is the right of all sentient beings (with a Prime account). The figure converts into a licensed Volvo Amazon Prime truck in 37 steps and features deco and details inspired by Amazon Prime delivery trucks. He even comes with 2 miniature Amazon Prime cardboard boxes that can be stored in the trailer! He also comes prepared to defend deliveries from any threat with his included Ion Blaster weapon accessory and a Matrix of Leadership accessory that can be inserted into the figure’s chest. Transformers and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro. The VOLVO trademarks (word and device), other related trademarks, if applicable, and the Volvo designs are licensed by the AB Volvo Group.

No interest in the "Holiday" deco, but I wonder if the eventual Combat Hero release will have a different assembly or slight retooling on the legs so they'll face the other way like the original G2 toy. Not a deal breaker for me, still keen regardless. Especially if they do the unreleased navy deco as a Gen Selects or something.

Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Hopefully we hear more regarding local availability soon

Candy cane OP is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    A year and a half late, but the description on that 2021 "Amazon Optimus" matches this Christmas toy... being a Volvo truck, but definitely a different deco (and no miniature Amazon Prime boxes).
    I forgot that toy existed, or well was supposed to exist. I'm disappointed to see it's a Volvo VNL from North America instead of a Globetrotter from Europe and Australia.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Magnificus is now up on Amazon Australia, for au$45, to be released February 5th.
    https://www.amazon.com.au/Transforme...dp/B0BDCNTX8V/
    That should mean it will be at EBGames too.

Still no sign of Holiday Optimus.

The official images from American listings...

GEN Selects Magnificus - us$25 - JAN 1st 2023
    https://hasbropulse.com/collections/...uxe-magnificus

Fans can take their Transformers figure collections to the next level with the Transformers Generations Selects Magnificus figure! Generations Selects adult collectibles are a fan-dedicated line of figures featuring fan-favorite, special edition characters you can’t find in the main line.

Convert the Transformers G1 figure from robot to microscope and attach the blaster accessory in both modes! Inspired by the original e-HOBBY exclusive Magnificus figure released in 2005.

Includes figure, accessory, and instructions.

• EXPAND YOUR COLLECTION WITH SPECIAL EDITION FIGURES: Transformers Generations Selects is a fan-dedicated line of figures featuring special edition characters that can’t be found in the main line
    • INSPIRED BY E-HOBBY EXCLUSIVE: This figure is based on the original e-HOBBY exclusive Magnificus action figure released in 2005
    • CLASSIC TRANSFORMERS CONVERSION: This Transformers G1 Magnificus figure converts from robot to microscope mode in 18 steps
    • AWESOME WEAPON ACCESSORY: Transformers Magnificus figure includes a blaster accessory that attaches in both modes
    • ACTION FIGURES FOR ADULTS: Look for more Generations Selects Transformers figures, great adult collectibles for fans (each sold separately, subject to availability)

Ages 8 and up
    WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD - Small parts. Not for children under 3 years.

F6939
    Generations Holiday Optimus Prime - us$56 - DEC 1st 2022
    https://hasbropulse.com/collections/...-optimus-prime

Optimus Prime is rolling through a winter wonderland! Naughty or nice, Optimus Prime is delivering holiday cheer to all sentient beings.

This 7-inch Holiday Optimus Prime action figure features holiday-inspired deco and details, including a Santa Claus Autobot faction logo on the trailer, green-tinted windows, and snow deco details. Comes with candy cane Ion blaster, Matrix of the Holiday Spirit, and truck trailer accessories. Trailer attaches to truck mode and opens to become a battle station.

Includes: Figure, 3 accessories, and instructions.

• ROLLING THROUGH A WINTER WONDERLAND: Santa looks a little different this year! Naughty or nice, Optimus Prime is delivering holiday cheer to all sentient beings
    • HOLIDAY OPTIMUS PRIME: ‘Tis the season for this 7-inch Holiday Optimus Prime action figure, featuring holiday-inspired deco and details, including a Santa Claus Autobot faction logo on the trailer
    • FESTIVE CONVERSION: Figure converts from robot to licensed Volvo truck mode in 37 steps. Features green-tinted windows and snowy deco details. Open chest to insert Matrix of the Holiday Spirit accessory
    • HOLIDAY-THEMED ACCESSORIES: Comes with candy cane Ion blaster, Matrix of the Holiday Spirit, and truck trailer accessories. Trailer attaches to truck mode and opens to become a battle station
    • SPECIAL SEASONAL PACKAGING: This package will fit right in under the tree! Packaging artwork features festive nods to the holidays. A great gift for kids and adults ages 8 and up!

Ages 8 and up
    WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD - Small parts. Not for children under 3 years.

F8055