Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers collection stolen

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    That's right, you work at a Perth paper... so that was your article?
    It read quite well for regular people, so you did a good job to make a point of the theft without it being bogged down by geek content... because as you say, if we get a full list of items, we will be able to target the fans directly with that side of the issue.
    Yes I wrote the article and headline. Thanks for the comment, I was mindful the piece needed to be generally accessible.
    Hopefully it will help.

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Some pleasant and supportive posts in the comments section of that article...

I hope this collector can get his items returned!

Like how they tagged it as a "Nine exclusive"....a day after the story first came out.

I guess they are referring to it being an exclusive video story, as opposed to an exclusive story in general (the wording is always intentionally vague to allow them to mean anything).
    Just like when the TV stations announce a "movie premiere", despite it already screening before... but it is a premiere to that specific channel. (a couple weeks ago channel 9 were advertising the movie premiere of "Justice League", which had already screened twice on Seven, so it was only referring to it being a first time on their channel, not TV in general)

I just watched it, and I see that it must have been on the prime-time news on channel nine?
    I wonder if it was just screened in the Perth news, or included in their other state broadcasts.
    (it must have been on tv last night, as it was uploaded to their site at 9pm my time, which is 7pm Perth time)

I am in the insurance industry and usually home and contents insurance policies will cover up to $10,000 per item, set or collection.
    My advice to anyone is get your collection valued and keep that valuation so in the event of an incident you can have all of this info on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberiusPrime View Post
    I am in the insurance industry and usually home and contents insurance policies will cover up to $10,000 per item, set or collection.
    My advice to anyone is get your collection valued and keep that valuation so in the event of an incident you can have all of this info on hand.
    How would you even get a TF collection valued?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

There is someone who does provide a valuation service for transformers, anime and model rails. I can't remember his name, i'll try and dig it up from somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by CyberiusPrime View Post
    There is someone who does provide a valuation service for transformers, anime and model rails. I can't remember his name, i'll try and dig it up from somewhere
    Yes please! I've got 'extra' collection insurance and have taken pictures, but not really sure how I'd explain the value of a CW Silverbot...