Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers collection stolen

Default Transformers collection stolen

For those who don't know the collection of a long-time member on here has been stolen. Keep an eye out for suspicious online listings.
    Also made the front page of the print edition this week.

Story here

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Pretty terrible news.

I didn't think things like the Nike Shoes or the Binaltecs were worth much? Needless to say, that's not the point.

Is there anything specific I should keep an eye out for?

Smart guy to put up security cameras in case they came back, which they did. I hope the police can make use of the camera images. It looks like he was cased, which makes me think the criminals are local to the Vic Park surroundings. And that makes me wonder if they might offload the goods at the upcoming Nexus Toy Fair in East Vic Park on Jan 14.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfire View Post
    Smart guy to put up security cameras in case they came back, which they did. I hope the police can make use of the camera images. It looks like he was cased, which makes me think the criminals are local to the Vic Park surroundings. And that makes me wonder if they might offload the goods at the upcoming Nexus Toy Fair in East Vic Park on Jan 14.
    Oh dont you worry, we WILL be looking out.

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    Pretty terrible news.

I didn't think things like the Nike Shoes or the Binaltecs were worth much? Needless to say, that's not the point.

Is there anything specific I should keep an eye out for?
    Over 30 boxes if TFs including Fort, Grand and Brave Max, Pristine G1 Megs, Jetfire, Blue Bacchus and Metalhawk, yeah you will be surprised on how quickly it all adds up.

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Unless it was a hardcore Transformers fan keeping everything for their own collection, it will be impossible to sell a lot of the rarer items without someone in the local fandom spotting it.
    Just Blue Baccus alone (the blue redeco Pretender Crossblades from 1989, only in Japan) would be big news among fans here if one was found on ebay by an Australian seller, or at an Australian collectors fair, because it is so rare and expensive overseas. It is so rare that I would be surprised if there were more than 5 in this country.
    Even I don't have one, because of how much it goes for... so I think one like that would be one to look out for (from anywhere in Australia, as this collection could have been driven inter-state to sell it off, to avoid being found by the original owner or his friends).

Also keep an eye out at upcoming Conventions (Supanova and Comic Con) in ANY state, as a person selling toys at a one of those events would not look out of place, and would only take a small investment (the cost of a table and the cost of shipping them to another state) to make a fair bit of money off hundreds of toys that they got for free.

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie_76 View Post
    Over 30 boxes if TFs including Fort, Grand and Brave Max, Pristine G1 Megs, Jetfire, Blue Bacchus and Metalhawk, yeah you will be surprised on how quickly it all adds up.
    Think he mentioned his boxed G1 Victory Leo (just the lion single pack) was missing too

I couldn't list in the article everything that was stolen because A it would have been too long and B wouldn't mean much to the general readership. I figured those in TF fandom would know what to look for, or a comprehensive list could be posted online.

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    I couldn't list in the article everything that was stolen because A it would have been too long and B wouldn't mean much to the general readership. I figured those in TF fandom would know what to look for, or a comprehensive list could be posted online.
    Thanks for going above and beyond to help out a fellow member/collector. Much respect.

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    That's right, you work at a Perth paper... so that was your article?
    It read quite well for regular people, so you did a good job to make a point of the theft without it being bogged down by geek content... because as you say, if we get a full list of items, we will be able to target the fans directly with that side of the issue.