Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Australian Transformers Fans Awards

Default 2022 Australian Transformers Fans Awards

Another year has come to an end so it's that time again.

What were your favourite toys from this 2022?

It's been a bumper year of toy lines: Legacy, Studio Series, Buzzworthy Bumblebee, Generations Selects, three(!) Masterpiece lines, Collaborative, Veloctiron, Wreck N'Rule - maybe it was a good thing EarthSpark and Rise of the Beasts were delayed!!

You have until midnight 24 January to vote. Results will be published on Australia Day 2023.

Vote now

If there's an topic/area that you're not interested in or don't have an opinion about, just use the arrows to skip it - none of the votes are compulsory.

Like last year I'm be opening up the vote to Australian fans wherever they are on the Internet.

All responses will be treated anonymously and I wont share these details with anyone.

Check out last year's 2021 Award results

Thank you Paul. Man, time flies...

Great job once again PB!

Going through all the listings of toys there and ones I actually own were very few indeed. Japan is so far behind on the releases it's a bit sad.

Quite a few votes in already in just the first few days. I will probably bump this thread a few times as a reminder

I voted the other day. It will be interesting to see the results for the media. I don't follow TF media anymore. So I'm not sure if people like the comics and TV shows or not.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

This is a very user-friendly webform format.

I was finally able to go through it today, so that I could post it up on our fb page.

It was while I was adding to your words from this news post, that I realised that it was your 15th fan-vote this year.... an amazing achievement!
    Especially considering how much detail goes into it, so it wouldn't be a quick 5 minute job.

I also tried to "@" to your fb name, and even though it showed it linked on the post as I was working on it, the link to your fb name wouldn't show up in the actual post (maybe you have some sort of privacy setting?)

For a personal project done in your own spare time, I can totally understand why the smaller toylines were left out... like Botbots, as it would have been a lot of names and details (60 toys) typed up for maybe 5 or 6 people who imported them.
    Similarly with the R.E.D toys and Authentics... and to a similar degree, "Rescue Bots" and Vintage Beast Wars, as very few would have bought them to make it worth taking the time including them.

Besides, 40 questions is probably a good amount - not too many... not too few... just right.

For those yet to do the fan-vote, these are the 40 questions:

1 - Where are you from online?
    2 - Your first name or online username
    3 - Favourite Legacy Core Class figure
    4 - Favourite Legacy Deluxe figure
    5 - Favourite Legacy Voyager figure
    6 - Favourite Legacy Leader figure
    7 - Opinion of Commander Class Motormaster
    8 - Opinion of Titan Class Cyberton Universe Metroplex
    9 - Opinion of HasLab Star Saber
    10 - Favourite Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Deluxe figure
    11 - Favourite Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection Voyager figure
    12 - Opinion of Velocitron Speedia 500 Collection leader class RID 2000 Universe Scourge
    13 - Favourite Generations Selects figure
    14 - Favourite Store Exclusive Legacy figure
    15 - Favourite Buzzworthy Bumblebee "Legacy" figure
    16 - Favourite Wreck N' Rule Collection figure
    17 - Favourite Studio Series Core Class figure
    18 - Favourite Studio Series Deluxe figure
    19 - Favourite Studio Series Voyager figure
    20 - Favourite Studio Series Leader figure
    21 - Favourite Buzzworthy Bumblebee figure
    22 - Favourite 2022 Masterpiece figure
    23 - Favourite 2022 Shattered Glass figure
    24 - Favourite 2022 Collaborative figure
    25 - Opinion of Lego Optimus Prime
    26 - Most anticipated (announced) 2023 mainline figure
    27 - Most anticipated (announced) 2023 Masterpiece figure
    28 - Most anticipated (announced) 2023 exclusive figure
    29 - Favourite Transformers comic series of 2022
    30 - Favourite Transformers comic special of 2022
    31 - Opinion of the Earthspark Season 1 cartoon
    32 - Your level of interest/anticipation in the Earthspark toys
    33 - Favourite physical store for buying Transformers
    34 - Favourite online store/dealer for buying Transformers
    35 - Favourite third party transforming toy release of 2022
    36 - Favourite heroic Transformer toy ever
    37 - Favourite heroic Transformers character ever
    38 - Favourite villainous Transformer toy ever
    39 - Favourite villainous Transformers character ever
    40 - Any other comments you'd like to make about Transformers in 2022?

Please vote if you can, as last year we had 268 fans who voted, and I'd like to see that record broken in this 15th anniversary year of the Australian fan-vote awards.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Please vote if you can, as last year we had 268 fans who voted, and I'd like to see that record broken in this 15th anniversary year of the Australian fan-vote awards.

I didn't realise it was 15. I had tried posting the links to previous ones in the first post, but I kept getting a posting error.

My Facebook settings are locked down but the shout out is fine, thanks.

I do try to keep this to things released in Australia (or popular imports). I had forget there were new BotBots (I don't think any came here) and RED completely slipped my mind. In previous year's I've listed Cyberverse/RescueBots etc and barely anyone has answered those questions, and I don't think there was much new this year anyway? I put a question in asking about interest in EarthSpark toys to help gauge what I'll do with those next year - will likely include the deluxe and warrior class bots.

I would have included the Vintage Beast Wars but I did forget about them, might do a wrap up of those in the 2023 vote once a few more have made it out. Same with RED and maybe those Super7 figures too.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Another year has come to an end so it's that time again.
    Aaand Voted!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I do try to keep this to things released in Australia (or popular imports). I had forget there were new BotBots (I don't think any came here) and RED completely slipped my mind. In previous year's I've listed Cyberverse/RescueBots etc and barely anyone has answered those questions, and I don't think there was much new this year anyway? I put a question in asking about interest in EarthSpark toys to help gauge what I'll do with those next year - will likely include the deluxe and warrior class bots.

I would have included the Vintage Beast Wars but I did forget about them, might do a wrap up of those in the 2023 vote once a few more have made it out. Same with RED and maybe those Super7 figures too.
    Missing the Botbots Cartoon in media, which I thought was excellent. Getting pretty nervous that season 2 hasn't been announced yet

The 3rd party question can be taken two ways, there's the way I assumed you meant it along the lines of Fanstoys, Newage, etc... however then there's official 3rd party products like you mentioned, Super7, threezero and Flame Toys, etc. Not sure a clean easy way to do that since there is so many different things available to the fandom.

Similarly a merchandise section would also be cool, things like the Deck-Building game, Helmets, Statues, Numskull, LEGO, the list goes on.... which also makes it difficult.

Finally, you've got favourites for individual classes/lines and of all time, however no favourite overall of the year.

All that said, no complaints at all - a lot of work goes into it and I enjoy participating. Great work as always!

Thanks

I clearly have a blind spot for BotBots!

Thanks for the other comments, some interesting suggestions there that I'll keep in mind for next year