Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: RIP 2023

I was watching the movie Flight of the Navigator the other day (one of my favourite 80s movies from when I was a kid), and remembered that the person who voiced the alien spaceship, was Paul Reubens, who died in July, which made it a bit sad to watch.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_of_the_Navigator

Eariler this month we lost Steve Harwell (lead singer of Smash Mouth). Unfortunately he had some serious health problems due to his struggles with alcoholism and something called Wet Brain.
    I know the meme of All Star, but honestly Walkin' On The Sun is a serious banger of a tune.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Sir Michael Gambon's family have confirmed that he passed away from pneumonia at the age of 82.
    Thank you for your contribution to cinema and may you rest in peace.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

For those unfamiliar, he was probably best known most recently for playing Dumbledore in most of the Harry Potter movies.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    For those unfamiliar, he was probably best known most recently for playing Dumbledore in most of the Harry Potter movies.
    For those like me who have zero interest in Harry Potter, you might know him as the namesake of Gambon Corner on the Top Gear Test Track. In an early episode of the Clarkson, Hammond and May version of Top Gear, Micheal Gambon took part in the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car segment. The end of the lap around the Test Track was so wild that is why they named the corner after him. Here is his segment on Top Gear's YouTube channel.

I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Cal Wilson died. She was the NZ comedian and host of aussie bake off.

I saw that today, and she didn't look that old (53)... which still isn't too old for someone who seemed quite active and healthy, so it must have been a quite serious illness.

Astronaut Frank Borman, commander of the Apollo 8 mission, passed away at the age of 95. In December 1968, the crew of Apollo 8 were the first humans to orbit the Moon.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I was watching the movie Flight of the Navigator the other day (one of my favourite 80s movies from when I was a kid), and remembered that the person who voiced the alien spaceship, was Paul Reubens, who died in July, which made it a bit sad to watch.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flight_of_the_Navigator
    Was there an MISB Insecticon in this film?
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    Was there an MISB Insecticon in this film?
    Shrapnel.