Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BigW ROTB movie promotion - ends MAR 8th

Default BigW ROTB movie promotion - ends MAR 8th

Appearing today, there is a banner on the Big W website when you search for TFs or navigate to the TF page announcing an instant win competition. If you buy any TF product, you can enter this Taronga Zoo ROTB competition.

Prize list here.

Open to AU res 18+. Starts: 6 February 2023. Ends: 11:59pm ADST 8 March 2023. Max 1 entry p/transaction. Retain receipt/s. Prizes: 51 x Roar & Snore Experiences ($1,950), 10 x Taronga Zoo Sydney Tour Experiences ($1,510), 100 x Taronga Zoo Passes ($51), 100 x Transformers: Rise of the Beasts — Paramount Family Movie Passes ($60). Winners published at www.instantwinwithtransformers.com.au on 9 March 2023. Promoter: Hasbro Australia Limited (ABN 69 004 348 565) of L 4, 67-71 Epping Rd Macquarie Park NSW 2113. NSW Authority: TP/02389. Permits: ACT TP22/02573 SA T22/2124

Convoid is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

At Big W, most transformers products now a have sticker on them advertising the Instant Win A Taronga Zoo Roar & Snore experience at Transformers Beast Base Camp competition.

I hope those stickers aren't too adhesive, as I'd like to be able to remove them without tearing up the packaging.

Make sure you read through the conditions, as there are some things worth noting...

- Entries are for each "Transaction", so if you are buying more than one Transformers toy, purchase them separately, so that you can enter with each toy on each receipt.

- Taronga Zoo must have a significant partnership with this new Movie, as this is the second promotion in consecutive months.

- I have to number these prizes, as the three Zoo prizes are too confusing to describe...
    Prize 1 - Overnight Zoo pack - 51 prizes, for 2 people, only for April 2, 3 & 4. Each prize worth $1950
    Prize 2 - Zoo tour - 10 prizes, for 10 people, valid 12 months on available days only. Each prize worth $1510
    Prize 3 - Zoo pass - 100 prizes, for 1 person. (Valid 12 months?). Each prize worth $51
    Prize 4 - Movie family pass - 100 prizes, for 2 adults and 2 children. Only valid at regular sessions (not premium screens or 3D). Each prize worth $60.

- The two main Zoo prizes are just for the Sydney zoo, but the Zoo passes are valid for both Sydney and Dubbo zoos.

Even though the two main prizes are at Taronga Zoo in Sydney, the Zoo tour is valid for 12 months (plenty of time to plan a holiday to Sydney), while the "overnight stay at the zoo" package appears to be replaceable with a toy pack of similar (RRP) value if you are not able to be in Sydney on those set 3 days of the package... which would be almost $2,000 of toys!

The BigW at Garden City in Brisbane didn't have the stickers on any of their toys (yet).
    On the one hand I was relieved that I didn't have to spend some time peeling them off the toys I bought... and risk damaging them (especially the Vintage BW toys, which some will probably only be buying to keep sealed, so don't want to have the card being damaged or torn by stickers). But on the other hand, I kinda wanted to have at least one to keep (peeled off the toy) in the collection, as a reminder of this Movie and its special promotion in Australia.

I just bought my first Earthspark figure and submitted the form.

It said “you have provisionally won a Taronga Zoo single entry pass”.

Does that mean that I’m *not* in the competition for the other prizes, or does it mean everyone who enters gets the same message?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I just bought my first Earthspark figure and submitted the form.

It said "you have provisionally won a Taronga Zoo single entry pass".

Does that mean that I'm *not* in the competition for the other prizes, or does it mean everyone who enters gets the same message?
    That means that you have won one of the 100 Zoo passes, worth $51. (hopefully you can use it, or can give it to someone you know in Sydney to use it)

The instant-win concept is something I can't quite figure out with this promotion, as the prize listing page suggests that all 261 of the prizes are won in that way, so maybe each entry is immediately allocated a random win/no-win result, which could mean that if they get a lot of entries, the prizes would run out fast (they only have 261 prizes, so maybe every X-number entry wins a prize, which is then randomly allocated.

The "provisionally" bit just means that the prize is yours, but if they need proof that your docket is real or only used once, they are allowing themselves some time to check (if they have any suspicions). And the conditions say that any left over prizes will be randomly drawn at the end, so if the "X-number" is too large (like if every 1000 entries wins a prize), they will end up with a lot of left over prizes at the end of the month, and can still award them to existing entries at the end, by way of a random draw.

This promotion actually encouraged me to buy the rest of the first wave of Earthspark that I was missing, as I was planning to wait for a sale first.

AND REMEMBER PEOPLE - purchase your Transformers toys separately, so that you can enter each docket separately. If you buy 10 toys all at once with one docket, you will only be able to enter this promotion once.

This was really weird but just saw a staff member at Kmart putting these stickers onto the Earthspark toys. The stickers were exactly the same, still mentioning Big W... (for anyone in Queensland, this was the Kmart at Garden City).
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    AND REMEMBER PEOPLE - purchase your Transformers toys separately, so that you can enter each docket separately. If you buy 10 toys all at once with one docket, you will only be able to enter this promotion once.
    So much for that great idea...

I bought 13 toys that I didn't have yet (most were Earthspark), and I took several minutes at the register purchasing each one separately, only to end up winning one thing on my first entry on the website.
    Yeah, it was nice to win something (a single entry pass to Taronga Zoo), but if I was only going to win one thing on my first entry, all of those other 12 items could have been on the same docket and saved myself a lot of time at the store and at home entering each one into the competition website.
    (also, if I was only going to win one thing, I would have preferred it be the movie pass, as I wouldn't need to spend money to use it, like I would with the Zoo voucher)

It still makes me wonder how this works, as it is "instant win", not a prize draw... so every entry must have a random chance at winning, but how does the computer(?) do that random drawing. Like, is it a random-number-generator type of thing, and if it is, at what ratio is it set so that they don't run out of prizes too fast (or not give away enough prizes before the end of the promo period - which I guess has the backup of all left-over prizes will go into a random draw at the end of the promo period).

The interesting thing, is that I got the Zoo voucher emailed to me, and it is valid until the middle of 2024... so I have 16 months to get down to Sydney to use it. (or give it to someone else if I'm not going to get there before it expires, as it doesn't have a name on it).

I just got something from the second chance draw…. Overnight trip to the zoo!

Nice. It's only a week away, are you able to get cheap enough flights to get there for it?