Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Transformers are invading Sydney during April!

Default The Transformers are invading Sydney during April!

As part of the ongoing promotions for the upcoming Transformers Movie - Rise of the Beasts (in Cinemas in Australia June 8th) - three more events are hitting Sydney during April for fans and general public to experience.

1 - Transformers ROTB Movie Statues World Tour - now that the Official Movie website has fixed the start date, it can now be confidently publicised - for about 2 weeks from MARCH 29th, Optimus Prime and Optimus Primal will be available for selfies at a secret location in Sydney that will be revealed on March 29th. (we will reveal the location that morning, as they are unveiled)

2 - Transformers themed Sydney Taronga Zoo - starting with the Competition Winners' "Roar and Snore" weekend, the zoo will be dressed up during the Easter School holidays in a Transformers (probably similar to the January school holiday promotion). More details will be revealed next weekend (April 1st), so if you haven't been to the zoo for a while (or ever), this will make it the perfect time to visit.

3 - Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Exhibition - from April 6th to 30th, the recently announced Transformers Art exhibition will be open to the public at Kings Comics in the CBD. Details can be found here - https://kingscomics.com/pages/more-than-meets-the-eye

So if you live in Sydney, set aside some time over the Easter school holidays to immerse yourself in three different Official Transformers themed activities.

And for those who are outside of Sydney, try to plan a holiday during April to take in these exclusive Transformers events, that are here for a limited time only.
    We rarely get official public events for Transformers in Australia, so if you can make it and you miss them, you might regret it.

(images to be added)

Transformers: Rise of the Beasts Statue world tour continues in Sydney Australia.
    Officially revealed today at the Taronga Zoo on the north shore of Sydney harbour are life sized statues of Optimus Prime and Optimus Primal.
    Both will be at Taronga Zoo until the end of April, which is plenty of time to drop in (or fly in from other parts of the country).
    They are located inside the main entrance of the Zoo, near the gift shop, but before the ticket gate, so you don't have to pay anything to see them.
    Just remember to scan the special QR code at the statues to access special features.
    Rise of the Beasts hits cinemas June 8th while the toys hit stores April 10th.
    Pics to come
    Last edited by griffin; 29th March 2023 at 02:57 PM.

Sorry, pics are really slow as I hardly have any spare time while in Sydney.
    Wednesday was Statues and Zoo, Thursday was mostly catching up on sleep from the previous two days as well as editing photos ready for posting, Friday I had to be at the zoo most of the day helping setup and then be part of the TFs zoo night... while today we had more zoo tours and some other parts of the zoo I wanted to check out plus need to help someone set-up the Kings Comics Art display. So I think most of tomorrow will be catching up on sleep again...

Anyway, here are *some* of the photos from Wednesday morning's Statue reveal...

A sticker and temporary tattoo that was given out at the start of the event. There was also some movie passes being given out as well, but I think it might have just been for the young kids who were bussed in.

Got to attend with Griffin the Transformers Beasts Base Camp Roar & Snore Experience on Friday night at Taronga Park Zoo. It was a fantastic experience!

I don't have an account that lets me post photo's here, so I've posted a ton of pics and a run down of the evening on my blog

Transformers Beasts Base Camp

My family and I went to the Rise of the Beasts Base Camp Snore and Roar last night. Unfortunately Sydney was hammered with rain last night, which made our tents very noisy, making it hard to sleep. We could've spent the rest of the day at the zoo, but nobody stayed; we were all too fatigued.

Anyway, some photos...

The statues

Close-up of Optimus Prime

Toy reveal

Close-up of Voyager Class Optimus Primal

Some kind of Warrior or Deluxe Class Arcee

The kiddy merch.

We all got one of those Optimus Prime Nerf guns, which is pretty fun. They really should make one like this for G1 Megatron.

Obligatory selfie

On our way to the base camp

I want this cushion, just so much

Very Important Person Guest. As opposed to those non-person guests?

Posing with the statues

Metalhawk outside the giraffe enclosure. This toy was not provided by Hasbro, I brought him with me.

Close-up of Optimus Primal's head

Low-angle medium shot of Optimus Prime

Kids enjoying the toy reveal

Okay, not just the kids

I was also shown a video that showed clips from the Rise of the Beasts movie and some behind-the-scenes stuff. Unfortunately I'm not at liberty to discuss what I saw as the content is still embargoed, and Hasbro had me sign an NDA before they would even show it to me. But it's got me quite excited and hopeful for this upcoming film; it seems that Steven Caple Jr. has made an earnest attempt to make a good Transformers film. Bear in mind, I saw excerpts of the film, not the movie in its entirety, but what I saw makes the movie look really good!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    3 - Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye Exhibition - from April 6th to 30th, the recently announced Transformers Art exhibition will be open to the public at Kings Comics in the CBD. Details can be found here - https://kingscomics.com/pages/more-than-meets-the-eye
    With permission from Hasbro and the late Jhiaxus' (a.k.a. Andrew Sorohan) family, part of this exhibition will showcase a sample of his Transformers artwork, both official and fan art.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    With permission from Hasbro and the late Jhiaxus' (a.k.a. Andrew Sorohan) family, part of this exhibition will showcase a sample of his Transformers artwork, both official and fan art.
    Did not know about that. That's really cool!
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    My family and I went to the Rise of the Beasts Base Camp Snore and Roar last night. Unfortunately Sydney was hammered with rain last night, which made our tents very noisy, making it hard to sleep. We could've spent the rest of the day at the zoo, but nobody stayed; we were all too fatigued.

Anyway, some photos...

The statues

Close-up of Optimus Prime

Toy reveal

Close-up of Voyager Class Optimus Primal

Some kind of Warrior or Deluxe Class Arcee

The kiddy merch.

We all got one of those Optimus Prime Nerf guns, which is pretty fun. They really should make one like this for G1 Megatron.

Obligatory selfie

On our way to the base camp

I want this cushion, just so much

Very Important Person Guest. As opposed to those non-person guests?

Posing with the statues

Metalhawk outside the giraffe enclosure. This toy was not provided by Hasbro, I brought him with me.

Close-up of Optimus Primal's head

Low-angle medium shot of Optimus Prime

Kids enjoying the toy reveal

Okay, not just the kids

I was also shown a video that showed clips from the Rise of the Beasts movie and some behind-the-scenes stuff. Unfortunately I'm not at liberty to discuss what I saw as the content is still embargoed, and Hasbro had me sign an NDA before they would even show it to me. But it's got me quite excited and hopeful for this upcoming film; it seems that Steven Caple Jr. has made an earnest attempt to make a good Transformers film. Bear in mind, I saw excerpts of the film, not the movie in its entirety, but what I saw makes the movie look really good!
    I LOVE that cushion. Does anyone happen to know where it came from?
    Looking To Buy Either Siege Or Earthrise Ratchet, and Buzzworthy SS86 ER Cliffjumper.

I was looking at each of the cushions they had there (about 6 different ones) hoping to find a tag to see who made them, but unfortunately only one did, so the rest might have been custom made for the Hasbro office or this event.
    The one that did have a tag on it was blue with an Autobot logo that was at kmart (I think) a couple of years ago, at the same time as their bed sets and blanket.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I was looking at each of the cushions they had there (about 6 different ones) hoping to find a tag to see who made them, but unfortunately only one did, so the rest might have been custom made for the Hasbro office or this event.
    The one that did have a tag on it was blue with an Autobot logo that was at kmart (I think) a couple of years ago, at the same time as their bed sets and blanket.
    Cheers, Griff. It's a really nice cushion. They should mass-produce it.
    Looking To Buy Either Siege Or Earthrise Ratchet, and Buzzworthy SS86 ER Cliffjumper.