Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Transformers are invading Sydney during April!

There is an interview film of Instagram from the MTMTE Opening night, interviewing some of the fandom

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cq-ME...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I happened to come across this event browsing social media, Radio Velvet is based in Melbourne and I wandered in earlier today and they've got their prints in the shop - their website should have stock. I'm waiting for their crew to finish up in Sydney and bring the shirts back. It's also revived my interest in the hobby having been away for a long time due to life and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by hungta View Post
    I happened to come across this event browsing social media, Radio Velvet is based in Melbourne and I wandered in earlier today and they've got their prints in the shop - their website should have stock. I'm waiting for their crew to finish up in Sydney and bring the shirts back. It's also revived my interest in the hobby having been away for a long time due to life and stuff.
    ah i forgot how to use this forum was replying to someone asking about prints...

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    It was such a fun night and an incredible display from everyone involved! Also kudos to you Gok for giving part of your display space to Andrew Sorohan's art.
    I ordered a Mirage shirt from Kings Comics which I should be able to pick up in the next couple of days. If anyone is after any of the of the artworks as a print or shirt then you can order them here:

https://kingscomics.com/collections/...ibition-prints

https://kingscomics.com/collections/...ition-t-shirts
    If anyone is after shirts or prints, please see the above links.
    Of course, you can go to the actual exhibit and grab them in person if you're in Sydney, but ordering through the site will guarantee stock for you.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Saw the exhibit yesterday. Some of those pieces were quite impressive.

I didn't see it on the day, but Seven's Sunrise program last Tuesday (18th) had their weather crosses being done at Taronga Zoo, with the first cross at about 5.45am being at the two Transformers statues, in the dark.
    If you have access to 7plus streaming, the episode is still on there for the next 24 hours -
    https://7plus.com.au/sunrise?episode-id=SUNR23-077

Jump to the 18th minute, which is after the first news break, and there is 60 seconds at the statues - a bit before the weather report and a bit after the weather report.
    They cross to the Zoo for the weather guy every half hour after that, but the later crosses feature animals... and the Wild Ropes adventure, but it doesn't show any of the Transformers details, so nothing worth checking out after that first cross.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Only one day to go for the start of Sydney's exclusive Transformers art and toy exhibition by Radio Velvet.

Starting Thursday April 6th, until the end of April, at Kings Comics near Town Hall.

Licensed t-shirts and posters will be for sale, and from Monday there will be Rise of the Beasts Movie toys as well.

Just be aware of the special times during Easter (some images will be attached here shortly).

I was able to see the exhibit at Kings Comics. I was very impressed by the figures they had on display, especially the G2 stunticons. I didn't even know anyone had these MOSC in Australia. Amazingly rare pieces on display.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I managed to get in to see the exhibit last weekend.

I must admit a slight pang of jealousy looking through the display cabinets... in part because of how awesome it all was to look at but also because I have some awesome rare stuff that would have been nice to show off :P

Great work by everyone involved, really special displays on show that was a treasure to explore.

Unfortunately they didn't have the prints in the size I wanted available, so I'll grab them online.

That looks awesome Goktimus, and thank you for posting the photos so we can all get a glimpse of what the experience was like.
    I just am in awe of those original Marvel Transformers G1 comics in the display, and there were even some G2 ones on the bottom row. Those covers bring back very warm memories.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!