Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transformers ROTB movie advance screenings JUNE 9th

I now have a spare ticket, if anyone in Perth would like to attend.
    Price is a coffee!
    :P
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

What cinema is it at?

Event Cinemas Whitford.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

I don't think we have had a member here from the NT for quite a few years, so just noting here that a radio station in Darwin is giving away tickets to ROTB for a June 21st screening in Palmerston.
    Tickets can be won by listening to the radio station, as well as by entering on their website.
    https://www.mix1049.com.au/win/trans...of-the-beasts/

It is noted as being an advance screening, so they mustn't have any screenings over the 9th to 12th like in other states.

While searching for other Transformers movie competitions, I found this one that ended in March - The Today Show on Channel nine was giving away a private cinema session for the Movie.
    https://9now.nine.com.au/today/compe...rmers-giveaway

The competition required people to say in 25 words or less, why they are Australia's biggest Transformers fan.

The details in the conditions page are a little confusing, as it notes that "the winners will be the 20 entrants who have submitted the best entries", but in the next box they note that there is only 1 winner. It doesn't suggest any second round of judging, as if the 20 "winners" is just a short-list for someone else to then pick the best of the best for this prize. Especially considering, there are no consolation prizes - there is just one prize, so there shouldn't be 20 "winners".
    https://prod.static9.net.au/fs/9cfbf...b-bc6bfacf06a4

Private screening of the new TRANSFORMERS: RISE OF THE BEAST film for them and their family and friends (up to 20 guests) at their nearest available cinema valued at $4,000.
    Valid for a screening between dates of Monday June 12 – Monday July 3
    Note that this competition was 3 months ago, so those dates would have been set based on the original release date of the movie, before it was pushed back 2 weeks to June 22nd. It still gives the winner a week to use the prize, but I would be guessing that the valid dates would have been adjusted to match the change of movie dates.

I don't get how it is valued at $4,000 for just 20 people. That's $200 per ticket... and if the entire theatre is booked out for this private screening, then why only allow for 20 people in a cinema that could possibly seat up to 200 people. I could understand that Paramount don't want to miss out on money from too many people seeing it for free, but 20 just seems way too low for an entire theatre that is costing Paramount $4,000 to completely book for this screening.

I haven't heard anything about it online, so the winner must have been a regular (non-fan) person.

I just noticed... the Channel 9 competition was VERY short, just 3 & 1/2 hours.
    Like, it was only open for entries during the period of that morning's episode (Thursday March 30th, 7.30am to 11am)... and drawn 5 minutes after the show ended.

That was the day after the Movie statues were revealed at Taronga Zoo, which I remember being told by the Hasbro rep later that day, that the Today Show had mentioned the Movie Statues, but she didn't say anything about the competition being promoted.
    Unfortunately, Channel 9 is the only network that doesn't post up its morning show episodes on their streaming site, so I wasn't able to play that day's episode to see how they covered the Movie statues (and I would have found out about this competition too... not that I would have been able to enter it or spread the word by that stage).