Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers and G.I. Joe comics license goes to Skybound

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Yep, Skybound's most acclaimed work of the past few years, Oblivion Song, is collected as TPBs. It'll happen with TF too. That's the least of my concerns...

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

They've already started talking about their brainstorming sessions about what TPB collections they can do from previous publishers.

Personally I'll be skipping void rivals.... Maybe go down the digital path for it if it introduces any required reading for the main TF series.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Void Rivals has absolutely nothing to offer except the most fervent of TF collectors who have to have absolutely every possible TF appearance.

The only TF content it has is an entirely irrelevant (to it's own story) aside where two shipwrecked pilots stumble across Jetfire, awaken him, and then watch him fly away. Not even 5 pages, and they contain nothing of any meaning to the TF comic that's coming.

But Jetfire! Skuxxoid!

Oh, I just realised. I must me one of those fervent collectors starved of new G1 content.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

It's got me in so far. I've even got the SDCC ashcan and Void Rivals exclusive cover on the way over to me. I'm in deep.
    Looking To Buy Either Siege Or Earthrise Ratchet, and Buzzworthy SS86 ER Cliffjumper.

When i saw that there were already about 10 cover versions for issue 1, I was bit put off. That's a bit much.... squeezing completest comic collectors.

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    When i saw that there were already about 10 cover versions for issue 1, I was bit put off. That's a bit much.... squeezing completest comic collectors.
    I just ignore that. Really that's every new comic released these days. I just pick the cover I like (or the cover I get allocated if I'm unlucky) and go about my day. But if you do want to be a conpletist I can understand your frustration with the way the industry is these days. Although to be fair, IDW was just as bad with its initial offerings. Hopefully things will settle down as we get into the stories, and get down to just two covers a month, something reasonable.
    Looking To Buy Either Siege Or Earthrise Ratchet, and Buzzworthy SS86 ER Cliffjumper.

Spoiler alert - Quintesson Prosecutor in issue 3.
    So it was a slow build, rather than deep cuts.
    Can’t wait to see issue 4.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Just to confirm, this is in Void Rivals, not Transformers.

The first issue of the new Transformers comic comes out in October, and we have several cover versions revealed so far.
    https://news.tfw2005.com/2023/08/30/...artwork-493739