Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: San Diego Comic Con 2023 reveals

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Price released for Powerlinx Hot Shot - $45US. Personally I think that's outrageous for a low-run deluxe and a new mold Minicon who should have always come with said deluxe. Despite my misgivings, however, I will probably still be buying it, which I know sends the completely wrong message.
    Looking To Buy Either Siege Or Earthrise Ratchet, and Buzzworthy SS86 ER Cliffjumper.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Not to "yuck other people's yum", however as expected, this was a pretty disappointing showing. No interest in any live action stuff and a whole batch of repaints.

That said... the Stunticon boxset is probably the thing I'm most looking forward to. Crazy that at the likely high price point they aren't going to plastic up that front. However if it sells well, how good would a collection of combiner boxsets look!!

Happy with UM. Kingdom was a bit of a dud and I was still surprised (at the rumours and) that they announced this so soon after. However this one is way better. Personally, I have no attachment to the white Optimus cab and am happy either way, so long as the alt mode and UM mode look good. It does here, so yay.

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Totally missed the crossover. I know *nothing* about the show, but a transforming Pizza mobile? Go great with my Ninja Turtle collection, and the robot mode looks really cool
    Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I also know nothing about the show. I find it interesting they have a VW license on the pizza mobile.
    Seriously guys, if you like 80's properties and nostalgia... you gotta watch this. The show is excellent with the final season due to come out early next year you have time to be on board the hype train.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Studio Series
    • 86 Commander Class Ultra Magnus. All-in-one, no inner robot.
    • ROTB Core Noah Diaz. Becomes a jet which so far as I'm aware isn't movie accurate? I've not seen it.
    • ROTB Deluxe Nightracer. Licensed Skyline alt mode (paging Goktimus Prime, who I know was keen on this)
    • 86 Core Frenzy, who is red.
    • 86 Voyager Ratchet. Repaint of Irohide.
    • Box set reissue of half of the 2007 Decepticon crew (Megatron, Starscream, Barricade, Blackout).
    I don't care for the 07 Decepticon crew, but I'm very interested in the rest, especially that Studio Series Ultra Magnus!

I just sold off my CW Ultra Magnus today. I've listed my Kingdom Ultra Magnus for sale, but that's gonna be a hard sell since it's not a great toy. The problem w/ KD Ultra Magnus is that it's such an after thought, and just not a great retool of the Siege Ultra Magnus mould. It could have been good had it been a pre-planned design ("pre-tool"). I'm surprised that KD UM wasn't a pretool, given that pretooling was already quite common by the time Kingdom came.

As a big fan of Ultra Magnus, I am keeping my LG and SG Ultrae Magni, so I will still own repaints of the CW and KD Ultra Magnus moulds. Just gotta make shelf space for SS·MCMLXXXVI Ultra Magnus I've already pre-ordered Nova Prime from Amazon. Also keen to get SS Noah Diaz. No, he doesn't transform into a jet on screen, but I understand that it is a Transformer action figure that needs to appeal to kids, so that's fine. If anything, having an Exo-Suit with an alt-mode would be a nice nod to the G1 Exo-Suit.

I love the look of that Stunticon box set. If I find it locally I'd be tempted to buy it and sell off my current TL Stunticons.

I like the fact they replaced the Red Cross symbols with the star of life symbols https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_of_Life with autobot logos on ratchers shoulders for both the core and voyager

Quote Originally Posted by G1Optimal View Post
    I like the fact they replaced the Red Cross symbols with the star of life symbols https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_of_Life with autobot logos on ratchers shoulders for both the core and voyager
    Well spotted, although Hasbro has replaced the Rod of Asclepius with the Autobot insignia; likely to evade trademark infringement (just as TakaraTOMY also offered a Red Cross logo with an Autobot symbol in the centre etc.). I'm glad that Hasbro chose to replace the Rod of Asclepius with the Autobot logo over the more common mistake that a lot of people make where it's replaced with the Rod of Mercury. I've seen this happen in both fiction (e.g. Star Trek) and non-fiction (e.g. my dentist's medical lamps).

A: Comparing the rod of Mercury with the Rod of Asclepius
    B: Asclepius, or Aesculapius in Greek; god of medicine and healing
    C: the Star of Life w/ the Rod of Asclepius in the centre
    D: World Health Organisation's logo
    E: Australian Medical Association's logo
    F: Royal Australian Army Medical Corps logo

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I just sold off my CW Ultra Magnus today.
    What's the deal with that?

At least CW UM is a unique depiction of him? Don't know how many IDW inspired UM's we're going to get.

Personally I think it's one of the best UM's we've got. Though, I'm not a big Magnus fan, so maybe my opinion doesn't count?

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Some people don't like having or keeping multiples of characters (others won't do multiples of any given mould, which might cause issues with things like the Seekers). Whatever floats their boats, I guess.

Me, I've been quietly pondering CW UM as an IDW Magnus. Wasn't really considering it because when was Hasbro going to make IDW versions of characters.

Now though...

I saw this going around Transformers Twitter. There might be a bit of a situation with mould growing on Nacelle's wing.

https://twitter.com/diecast2/status/...071031209?s=20
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Yes, I saw that today on Seibertron (for those who don't use or like the new twitter - https://www.seibertron.com/transform...-figure/47875/ ).

The images are really disgusting. The plastic itself can't spontaneously grow mould, so there had to be something questionable about how the factory stored the toy parts before they hit the assembly line... or storage of the completed toys if the mould is on the entire toy (as it might just be more visible on the blue parts).
    And then the mould grew over the next few months while the toys were in storage in packaging and shipped around the world.

I think people should clean their Nacelle toy when they get it, even if they don't see any mould, as it could still show up later, and could spread if you keep your toys in an enclosed, dark space (especially if you keep toys in storage containers).

It now sounds like it is mould grease, as if the mould's moving parts were over lubricated... so it is still best to wipe the toy down when you get it.