Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: JP Missing Link toyline

Quote Originally Posted by danny-boy View Post
    Strange, I received a letter before my permit expired. I had plenty of time to send the renewal paper work.
    That happened to me the first time my permit expired, so I was able to renew it in time. The second time I'd changed addresses and neglected to inform the NSW Police Firearms Registry, so the reminder letter would've been sent to my old address. I did have mail redirect for 12 months after my last move, but it expired a few years after that, so the mail redirect was no longer in effect. Mea culpa.

I ordered both from Amazon JP. A bit more expensive than AmiAmi, but at least I know up front the what shipping cost will be. I've been through some bill shock with shipping from Japan of late.

JB Hi-Fi preorders for 2024 release:

Missing Link C01 $224 and C02 $139.

Gamesmen preorders:

C-01 $219.95, releasing May 2024.
    https://www.gamesmen.com.au/transfor...e-with-trailer

C-02 $129.95, releasing June 2024.
    https://www.gamesmen.com.au/transfor...edition-figure

More images "tweeted" by TakaraTomy to show some differences between accessories between the two Missing Link Convoys...
    https://news.tfw2005.com/2023/08/31/...-update-493758

And scans from the latest Figure King magazine gives us more images of the Missing Link Convoys, giving us a good look at the new joints, and comparing them to the original 1984 Convoy toy.
    https://news.tfw2005.com/2023/08/29/...es-more-493645

Quote Originally Posted by zaneiken View Post
    I ordered both from Amazon JP. A bit more expensive than AmiAmi, but at least I know up front the what shipping cost will be. I've been through some bill shock with shipping from Japan of late.
    I'm glad I pre-ordered with Amazon Japan, after seeing the cost to get them locally.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Assorted Japanese retailers have started charging and delivering. My C-01 from AmiAmi (paid today) might be on the way as early as Monday And then it'll be around 2 weeks until it lands here in the Dead Heart. What a version to have as my first ever G1 Prime!

Oh, and it turns out that it does have a proper waist swivel after all, not just leg hinges that allow some movement other than just back and forward. Bizarre the way Takara seemingly went out of its way not to show that properly, particularly as it was, amongst all the heaping praise, the most prominent criticism of the thing...

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Assorted Japanese retailers have started charging and delivering. My C-01 from AmiAmi (paid today) might be on the way as early as Monday And then it'll be around 2 weeks until it lands here in the Dead Heart. What a version to have as my first ever G1 Prime!

Oh, and it turns out that it does have a proper waist swivel after all, not just leg hinges that allow some movement other than just back and forward. Bizarre the way Takara seemingly went out of its way not to show that properly, particularly as it was, amongst all the heaping praise, the most prominent criticism of the thing...
    Amazon Japan has charged me for both Missing Link Optimus Primes and shipped out C-02.

The toy looks really sturdy, based on the video reviews i saw on Youtube of people transforming and posing it. Surprised given the requirement for both modes to have the same dimensions as the original. I'm torn on whether to feel excited (yay for G1 Megs) or dread (how to import without hassle) the day if Takara releases Missing Link G1 Megatron.