Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The conclusion of all that ends well...

No, Thankyou

At least you can be assured Mel, that it wasn't anything malicous or intentionally against you. If they had bought toys and contacted you to laugh at you or rub it in your face, or said to you that they have a spare but you can't have it, then that would be dispicable. The whole situation appeared to be unintentional, and it was only due to a number of certain circumstances that it even happened, making some wonder why you were upset, and others want to comfort you. At least you are reassured that this community are mostly a nice, caring, concerned bunch, and your friendships haven't been lost from something that wasn't done to intentionally upset you.
    I recall a time long ago, when someone emailed me to let me know that they had something I really really wanted, and would have sold it to me for $50-60 but could get $150+ for it on ebay, so wasn't going to offer it to me. What sort of person does that? Tease you by telling you about something cheap, but then say that they weren't going to sell it to you anyway because they can get more for it elsewhere. (yes, it still bugs me after all this time)

At least you can still trust your fellow melbourne toy hunters Mel, because they weren't intentionally trying to hurt you, and are still willing to help you out in future.
    (mental hug from me )

What item was it?

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    A
    I recall a time long ago, when someone emailed me to let me know that they had something I really really wanted, and would have sold it to me for $50-60 but could get $150+ for it on ebay, so wasn't going to offer it to me. What sort of person does that? Tease you by telling you about something cheap, but then say that they weren't going to sell it to you anyway because they can get more for it elsewhere. (yes, it still bugs me after all this time)
    LOL Griff.!! I've often been called a tease but never in this context. This is yours mate as it always has been. It was never going on ebay otherwise it would have long ago. Over the past long, long time gone I've alternated been asking Dirge for your address to send it to but I knew he would have told you I was asking for it even if I said 'secret squirrel'. I really wanted to send it when we were all discussing server donations as I figured that would have been better than money in the eyes of the recipient.
    But really...what I've been waiting to do...is hand it over in person.
    I like to make people happy (albeit women more than men)...and it would bring me great joy to see you content in acquiring something that would fill one of the rare holes in your collection...from me.
    Also, and honestly, I have probably forgotten about it more than I've remembered but whenever I've looked at your sig and seen 'Griff's want list' it has twigged.
    Sorry mate...time goes quickly and I thought we would have run into each other by now.
    Well now you know there's just that little bit more incentive to visit the Garden state once again.

P.S. You've spoiled the surprise though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle
    What item was it?
    I'll let Griff tell you.

Oh crap. I took a look at the want list and just realised RM22 is on there. I feel bad now. Was the one *under negotiation* ever received?

camp

this thread is so mushy

The whole situation appeared to be unintentional, and it was only due to a number of certain circumstances that it even happened, making some wonder why you were upset, and others want to comfort you.
    Yeah it was one of those things that happens during a bad hair day and I'm glad things are all good now. People probably comfort me only because it was based on the whole matter in general, not that particular one. Anyway it's all in the past now and I just hope people let it pass too and not target any one of us anymore.

(mental hug from me )
    Oh I really hope DD brings you that TF as a surprise one day. And awwww a mental hug fom bossbot, I'm honoured.
    Last edited by JuzMel; 14th December 2008 at 06:18 PM.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

At least you can still trust your fellow melbourne toy hunters Mel, because they weren't intentionally trying to hurt you, and are still willing to help you out in future.
    I think some people just got defensive, which is kind of fair enough. We all tend to do that, it's natural. Although we probably shouldn't
    (mental hug from me )
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Well I'm not giving anyone a hug off this board mental or otherwise, Roller willl get jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    Well I'm not giving anyone a hug off this board mental or otherwise, Roller willl get jealous.
    You're the only man he loves.