Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Legacy United Reveals.

Default Transformers Legacy United Reveals.

We have the first reveal of the next Legacy subline, United, and also the first two figures from the line. Transformers Animated Optimus Prime and Bumblebee.

It's so cool to see TFA getting some love these days.

Mods feel free to add images.

https://www.seibertron.com/transform...evealed/47891/

Images and info from the source - https://screenrant.com/transformers-...icial-details/
    (this is an official sneak peek of the PulseCon Transformers toy reveals that will be on this weekend, at about 1am Saturday morning for us on the East Coast of Australia)

“During Hasbro Pulse Con 2023 a pair of new action figures will be revealed as of the Transformers Legacy United line and Screen Rant has the first look and product details. These latest designs for Bumblebee and Optimus Prime toys are inspired by their appearances in Transformers: Animated and take over 20 steps to transform from robot to their respective vehicle modes.

These new Transformers figures will debut during Hasbro Pulse Con 2023 on Friday, September 22, 2023 starting at 11:00AM ET at YouTube.com/HasbroPulse. Here is the official artwork and logo for poster tease for Transformers Legacy United:

“United” is the third chapter of Transformers Legacy, a subline of toys collecting characters from every version of Transformers, that began in 2021 as a followup to the War for Cybertron trilogy. Where most Transformers toy lines just get replaced upon completion, the second year of Legacy’s life saw it continue as Legacy: Evolution. United represents the third year of the ongoing series celebrating the Transformers multiverse.

See below for the newest United figures based on the Transformers: Animated series that launched shortly after the start of the live-action Transformers movie franchise and ran three seasons from December 2007 to 2009. Both figures officially release in January.

TRANSFORMERS LEGACY UNITED DELUXE CLASS ANIMATED UNIVERSE BUMBLEBEE

(Ages 8 and Up/ Approx. Retail Price: $24.99 / Available: January 2024)

Unite your favorite characters from across the world of TRANSFORMERS into your collection with the TRANSFORMERS Legacy United Deluxe Class Animated Universe Bumblebee action figure! Inspired by the character from the TRANSFORMERS: ANIMATED series, this 5.5-inch figure converts from robot to mini car mode in 22 steps. Includes 2 Stingers and 2 turbo booster accessories that can attach in both modes and features articulated head, arms, and legs for awesome action poses.

Celebrate the last 40 years of TRANSFORMERS history with TRANSFORMERS Legacy action figures. TRANSFORMERS Legacy opens the portal to a whole new universe of — More Than Meets the Eye — bringing together every generation of TRANSFORMERS like you’ve never seen before. Collect and combine different characters to create your ideal Legacy lineup (each sold separately, subject to availability).
    TRANSFORMERS LEGACY UNITED VOYAGER CLASS ANIMATED UNIVERSE OPTIMUS PRIME

(Ages 8 and Up/ Approx. Retail Price: $34.99 / Available: January 2024)

Unite your favorite characters from across the world of TRANSFORMERS into your collection with the TRANSFORMERS Legacy United Voyager Class Animated Universe Optimus Prime action figure! Inspired by the character from the TRANSFORMERS: ANIMATED series, this 7-inch figure converts from robot to truck mode in 25 steps. Includes Ion Axe and lightbar accessories that can attach in both modes and features articulated head, arms, and legs for awesome action poses.

Celebrate the last 40 years of TRANSFORMERS history with TRANSFORMERS Legacy action figures. TRANSFORMERS Legacy opens the portal to a whole new universe of — More Than Meets the Eye — bringing together every generation of TRANSFORMERS like you’ve never seen before. Collect and combine different characters to create your ideal Legacy lineup (each sold separately, subject to availability). Available for pre-order on 9/22 at 4 PM ET on Hasbro Pulse for Premium members and all fans beginning at 5 PM ET.

These Transformers Legacy figures will be available for pre-order on 9/22 at 4 PM ET on Hasbro Pulse for Premium members and all fans beginning at 5 PM ET.”
    Last edited by griffin; 21st September 2023 at 10:01 PM.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

While I love Animated, and it continues to be one of my favourite lines, the real appeal of the line and the show was seeing these classic characters in a new style.

Having that style now retranslated back to the "standard" style removes the novelty of the design, which in my mind is so integral to the whole character.

While I love that they are bringing it back to the fore, this subset of figures is not for me.

Also, I think we see the same issue we had in Strongarm of bringing a stylised head into standard geometry - it's a little too uncanny valley

I agree above that the Bee looks odd due to the head not matching the rest of the body. The Prime, however, almost looks like a reissue of something from the original Animated era.

That said, neither are for me. Never cared for Animated, so I'll just be grateful for the dollars saved.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Just noting from the edit on the first post, that the full reveal of the new Legacy United toyline (and probably some other 2024 Transformers toys), will be in 27 hours time at the Hasbro online PulseCon, which will be about 1am on the East Coast of Australia.
    So, it is likely that by the end of Saturday here, we will have a new wave of pre-orders listed at the usual outlets (or within a few days afterwards).

A leaked/stolen sample of the Animated Universe Bumblebee can be seen here - https://news.tfw2005.com/2023/09/18/...-images-494671

Official images of the first wave can be seen here - https://news.tfw2005.com/2023/09/22/...-orders-494950

Info to be mirrored here shortly.

1st wave of Legacy United is up on JB Hi-Fi and Amazon AU for Jan 2024 release.

I really like a lot of that. Tigerhawk, Thundertron, police car man and Tasmania Kid are all buys for me.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Check the description of Tasmania Kid (Snarl). It still lists him as transforming into a "Tasmanian devil"

It does look a little closer to one, but still off. I'm kinda torn on loving that it still says he's a Tasmanian Devil despite being fairly off, or annoyed they didn't take the CHUG approach to remedy it and make it more accurate like they did with Cheetor back in Universe 2.0
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

This is the most instant buys from a single wave in all of legacy so far for me - the rock monster characters looks fantastic, and I can't wait to get a decent windblade!

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    Check the description of Tasmania Kid (Snarl). It still lists him as transforming into a "Tasmanian devil"

It does look a little closer to one, but still off. I'm kinda torn on loving that it still says he's a Tasmanian Devil despite being fairly off, or annoyed they didn't take the CHUG approach to remedy it and make it more accurate like they did with Cheetor back in Universe 2.0
    The Tassie devil mode looks pretty accurate to me! Improvements include:
    * Pointier/smaller snout
    * Smaller head
    * Smaller ears that no longer resemble bat wings
    * Smaller eyes
    * Thinner tail

They've really fixed up the inaccurate proportions from the original toy; he looks more like the actual animal and less like a cartoony generic/non-descript marsupial. Unlike the original, you can tell that the Legacy Tasmania Kid designers have actually seen a Tassie devil, or at the very least looked at reference photos. The original toy looks so ridiculously inaccurate that it's likely that those designers never even saw pictures of a devil, let alone the animal IRL. And this is also a bold move because it does make Tasmania Kid's beast mode inaccurate to the original toy and the Beast Wars Second cartoon design, but bugger that; a more realistic beast mode = superior robot in disguise! They did the same with Legacy Lio Convoy too, giving him a less cartoony and more realistic looking lion mode.

Okay, the colours aren't realistic, but you can blame the original for that. I would personally like to see HasTak repaint this toy in realistic Tassie devil colours and release it either as a new character, or as Beast Wars Snarl; finally establishing the two characters as being visually distinctive from each other (hey, if eHobby can retcon Hauler as green to make him distinctive from Grapple, I don't see why it can't work for BW Snarl)

I find it funny that some people have commented on "Tasmanian Kid"'s name, saying that it must be because Hasbro's lost the trademark for Snarl. Despite the fact that Studio Series 86 and Legacy Core Class Snarl are a thing. It does appear that Hasbro were unable to secure the trademark for Tasmania Kid though, thus having to go with Tasmanian Kid, but it's certainly not because Hasbro doesn't hold the trademark for "Snarl" anymore, lol. I also saw some people stating that it's so that they don't confuse people. This maaaaay be true (apparently it's why Titans Return G1 Chase was called "Roadburn," and why WFC G1 Barricade was called "Decepticon Runner") -- but they could've easily gotten around this with "Beast Wars Universe Snarl." I dunno... it's possible. I still would like to see a black and white-striped repaint of this toy as "Beast Wars Universe Snarl."