Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: TF Cosplay by OzFormers

Expensive but perfect cosplay costume

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/toys...an=39897285269

But that takes the fun out of building your own costume! Which could potentially cost you the same amount in materials and equipment
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

I agree. But in Japan a lot of cosplayers actually hire professionally made costumes rather than making it themselves. The Cosplay culture there is quite different -- here it's more about having fun and having a go, but in Japan complete accuracy is paramount and other fans will nitpick you ruthlessly if any part of your costume is inaccurate. There'd be parts of that costume that would be nitpicked on too.

Some fan made costumes are more accurate than that -- like the G1 Optimus Prime costume that Randall Ng made for his son who wore it at BotCon (and other cons) this year. That was adorably accurate. (took him freakin' months to build it -- I was following its construction online and for jokingly referring to it as an Ultra Magnus costume because it was all white until he painted it in the final phase ).

Coolgardie WA, but Townsville (the last 15 years)

Its sad when people take a fun hobby and turn it into a war zone. I like my cosplays to have some plan and effort put into it and get pissed at people who don't care enough about the character to even try, but i wouldn't go round going 'fracking lights are the wrong size you dumb beep beep beep'. I just hope that the Ozformers will 'Ok' my Cosplays when they see them and be happy with them.

Heres a full shot in progress. I put all the bits together so i could take a look at it and its a weird weird feeling. NOT finished, not even touched up. just what i have so far.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8455271...in/photostream

Cosplayers are different now. There are professional ones and not just the ones who do it for fun. If you are doing it for fun, there's no point for criticism. You are not doing it for them.

If you don't wear cosplay, I don't think you should criticise as well. But I think it's ok to identify some mistakes in a non-confrontational way.

Its nice when someone points out something that you could improve on, when you know you've been struggling and input in general is welcomed, but when people start picking to the extreme it becomes sad. Of course i'll make my own design from input that i get. I've herd some things from anime cosplayers in general when they go to conventions, and this extreme hate from perfectionists seems to be still around. Nut-jobs! I just want to make sure i have made the best I can for the characters i'm doing and that others will feel i have done a good job in general.

Which leads me to some last little touch-up questions because my data is too varied and i'm uncertain.
    1) Sunstreaker has either yellow or black front part of the shins. which is more widely appreciated?
    2) When did the spolier disappear from his form, and does robot mode have one? my g1 toy has one in robot mode... any others?
    3)i forgot to put doors on the legs. -.- (after i planned them in to begin with), is placing that black triangle on the side of the 'shin' sadly ok? ooh so embarrassed, forgot a vital leg part! lambo doors! awww.

I am stuck between making A Depthcharge Ray sleeping/beanbag or Depthcarge cosplay. The cost is the same, the frustration likely to be the same to.
    I can stick my kid in Depthcharges mouth when its a beanbag, along with using it as a general rug, play thing, kite ect. With a cosplay, I can at lest get to use it before my kid grows another 30cm and can wear it too! And just dribble over the fact i made another bot for my collection! Both have same play and excitement value. I would also like to do Armada Starscream, cause its a pretty plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Yukitora View Post

Which leads me to some last little touch-up questions because my data is too varied and i'm uncertain.
    1) Sunstreaker has either yellow or black front part of the shins. which is more widely appreciated?
    2) When did the spolier disappear from his form, and does robot mode have one? my g1 toy has one in robot mode... any others?
    3)i forgot to put doors on the legs. -.- (after i planned them in to begin with), is placing that black triangle on the side of the 'shin' sadly ok? ooh so embarrassed, forgot a vital leg part! lambo doors! awww.
    1: Personally I am more partial to the G1 toy design, so I lean towards the black shins. it also breaks up the figure a bit, giving some variation and more than just a whole lot of yellow to look at like the generations toy.
    2 the other two I'm aware of (The generations toy and the Alternators toy) both have spoilers but they end up being part of the legs/hanging off his back. otherwise <shrug> I'm not sure
    3. I think the black triangles are a good mid point. who's to say the rest of the door hasn't folded around the leg.

either way, it's your Cosplay design, you should pick what appeals to you the most.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Yukitora View Post
    Its sad when people take a fun hobby and turn it into a war zone. I like my cosplays to have some plan and effort put into it and get pissed at people who don't care enough about the character to even try, but i wouldn't go round going 'fracking lights are the wrong size you dumb beep beep beep'. I just hope that the Ozformers will 'Ok' my Cosplays when they see them and be happy with them.

Heres a full shot in progress. I put all the bits together so i could take a look at it and its a weird weird feeling. NOT finished, not even touched up. just what i have so far.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8455271...in/photostream
    That is totally inaccurate! It should be at least 20 feet tall with real tyres and real Lambo parts! You fail at show accuracy you dumb beep beep beep

Nah, it looks cool. It strongly resembles the G1 toy down to the painted details.

Bought a DotM Optimus Prime costume from Target for my daughter. The mask it came w/ was too big, so I let her wear the Transformers Prime Optimus Prime mask instead (which also looks better anyway). It's her first cosplay, and she enjoyed the experience. Hopefully I can get her used to wearing it a few more times and see if she's willing to wear it at outside. Might see if there's any Halloween events coming up; could be a test run before seeing if she'll wear this to a con next year.