Thread: Has anyone seen this!!! (whitening yellowed plastics)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Has anyone seen this!!! (whitening yellowed plastics)

Or better yet tried it!!

Looks good.

http://www.thetf.net/forum_posts-TID-13204-PN-1.htm

Ps. i apologise if this has been reported before.

I think it would be an interesting idea for the forum to have a thread where everyone can upload pics of their junk bits.

Quote Originally Posted by sideswipes brother View Post
    Or better yet tried it!!

Looks good.

http://www.thetf.net/forum_posts-TID-13204-PN-1.htm

Ps. i apologise if this has been reported before.
    Sounds awesome! Who wants to test it?

what's a H2O2?

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Hydrogen peroxide. You can buy it in the supermarket if you want to go for that sexy blonde look Iceman. Also it's really fun to put on dead skin from a cut.

ahhhhhhhh i always colour my hair. :P

I'd be worried about what it does long-term to the integrity of the plastic itself. Bleach is pretty harsh stuff, it could well be breaking down the bonds in the plastic, making it brittle or crumble away over time. If it doesn't affect the integrity of the plastic's molecular structure, it'd be a great fix. But if it does weaken the plastic, this 'short term fix' will be the scourge of the second hand market. You'll get dealers cleaning up their toys, get 'Mint' prices, and the toys crumble and break within a year of it being sold.

So this thing works but only temporarily??? Kup did your dogfight go back to the original yellow? Did anyone else who whited their transformer experience the same thing with their transformer? please let us know

TheDirtyDigger Guest

I've done a Seaspray, Red Alert and Getaway. Still all good.

Quote Originally Posted by primatives View Post
    So this thing works but only temporarily??? Kup did your dogfight go back to the original yellow? Did anyone else who whited their transformer experience the same thing with their transformer? please let us know
    Nah, the figures I have treated hasnt yellowed again ...yet but then I am aware now this time how to avoid ( sunlight exposure) or belay the process . My collection room only gets bright light but no direct sunlight. My figures yellowed before coz I left em quite exposed back in Phils and my mom didnt know about the sunlight factor. When I came back to collect them last year I was quite surprised to find that the shut wooden window where the collection was facing in my old room was changed into a translucent glass one making my room all bright and sunny for about 2 years to the day I got back which hastened the process, luckily this process has proven to impede it .... for now.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]