Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: random Singapore toy news

Default random Singapore toy news

Was back in Singapore for the past 1.5 weeks attending weddings and shopping. Below price information might be useful for anyone thinking of going to Singapore over the coming break.

The TF prices I've seen have so far been unbelievably good.

- nobody bothers to sell Classics. Henkeis are everywhere, even at retail shopping centres.
    - at CSC, all Henkei are A$20; Prime, Megatron, Skyfire are A$30
    - at CSC Encore Prime/ Megatron at A$75
    - at CSC Encore Soundwave A$40
    - at CSC Encore Jazz at A$20
    - at CSC Encore Ironhide & Ratchet at A$38 per set
    - at CSC Encore Metroplex A$70 (at OG)
    - at CSC Encore Sky Lynx at A$48
    - at CSC Encore Omega Supreme at A$80
    - at CSC Encore Sky Lynx and Omega Supreme as a set A$120

.... and the one that got away from me...

MIB, C10 complete, stickers unapplied Reflector for A$150!!!! (#$#$%*^%#*k the guy who got there 5 mins before me).

Ooooh yeah, apart from collecting Henkei Dirge and Thrust, I think the boyfriend will also have a list of TF items to buy from me when he goes back next Jan... heehee Wished I could go back more often, there's so many TFs in abundance including Takara ones, no need to "fight" at all... with other fans, children, parents etc...

Although sometimes there's quite a huge price disrepency. Like we got the Universe combiners here for average about AUD$45-$50 each, but it is SGD$85 back there. And 25th Anime prime is AUD$80 here but SGD$100 back there.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Quote Originally Posted by JuzMel View Post
    there's so many TFs in abundance including Takara ones, no need to "fight" at all... with other fans, children, parents etc...
    you're right about that. All shelves are packed solid with TFs at anyone time. I saw entire 'walls' of Encore Metroplexes and Omega Supremes

Although sometimes there's quite a huge price disrepency. Like we got the Universe combiners here for average about AUD$45-$50 each, but it is SGD$85 back there. And 25th Anime prime is AUD$80 here but SGD$100 back there.
    That's true too. Its usually at retail that things are more expensive (ie: if you buy stuff from OG, TRU, Takashimaya, Tangs, etc). At the speciality stores, prices are usually lower than AU prices and retail store prices.

But hey, aren't Universe combiners $79.95? (at Myer at least).

nice one bro...can't wait for my May trip...

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    you're right about that. All shelves are packed solid with TFs at anyone time. I saw entire 'walls' of Encore Metroplexes and Omega Supremes
    Yeah it's about the same in Malaysia as well (most stores have new TFs in stock), I was so surprised to see newer waves of Movie figures appearing there first rather than in OZ when I went back last year.

It's just so stupid why retail stores in OZ don't want to stock on Takaratomy TFs, they stock on funny feng-shui head-shaking figures but not TFs. They have no idea how much sales they are missing out on. Some rich and smart businessman should open an OG or Takashimaya here. Or just a specialty store stocking on Takara stuff. That would make a lot of us fans here super happy.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    But hey, aren't Universe combiners $79.95? (at Myer at least).
    They were $69.95 from Myer without discount. But with the usual toy sales going on now during the festive season, prices have dropped to an average of about AUD$49.95 +.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Also the 5-pack legends is AUD$20-25 here and it's SGD$40 back there

Going to SGP next year Jan, really can't wait, just afraid I don't have big enough luggage for all the goodies....wahaha

Since comparing AU$ to SG$ makes no sense to the rest of us, the current exchange rate (for those wondering) is about 1 to 1 at the moment.
    AU$1 = approx SG$0.98 according to xe.com

so whos going to bring me some encore goodness???

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    so whos going to bring me some encore goodness???
    Encore Trailbreaker? If it's not such a big item then shouldn't be a problem..but all depends on how much space I got at the end of the day(I'm thinking to grab all the Henkeis and Encores...)