Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Botcon 2009 location announced

yeap...got that email today too. sucks...just reminded that i've to renew membership.
    hope i can do it with the pre-reg in Feb/March would sound good as I'll then have enough time to save for my May trip :P

I was thinking, my renewal ting is due in march, I wonder if I could renew with the buying of the Iacon package, as that includes membership, or doesn't that count for us dirty foreigners?

As long as it doesn't expire before pre-reg is released, you should be able to order the non-attendee pack as a member without renewing your membership.

Just a question for those that have been. I understand there's a registration process for those going to Botcon but can Joe Public walk in off the street and just pay an entry fee to get in?

Yes. They have day tickets. It is only for the Saturday and Sunday events, not the Friday or evening events. And you probably would have zero chance of getting the box set of toys, but might get lucky with any of the additional Con toys.
    If you are planning to go all the way over there and attend the convention, it is recommended to pay out couple hundred dollars to get full access and a set of their exclusive toys. Even if you don't want the toys, you can make back more than the original expense of the registration.

Announced on the Botcon website, is the second hotel with a discount rate.

168 South Los Robles Avenue Pasadena, California 91101

The Pasadena Hilton Hotel has opened a new room block for BotCon.
    Click here to make your room reservation.

Our special rate at the Hilton is $141 a night. The hotel is 2.5 blocks from the Pasadena Convention Center (about 5-8 minute walk).

If you need to call to make your reservation, tell the operator you are with the BotCon group. This will get you the special rate of $141 a night. 1-800-HILTONS or call the hotel directly at 626-577-1000 and ask for the reservations department.
    Also mentioned on the site, some initial details:

All Attendee, Dealer Booth, General Admission and Convention Packages and prices will be announced at a later date. Please keep checking this site. Now is the time to make your hotel reservations. There will be pre-convention tours (not announced yet) on Wednesday and Thursday. Attendee package pick-up will be Thursday night at approximately 6 PM. Show ends on Sunday afternoon at 3:30 PM. This is all the information that we can release at this time. Please reserve all inquires until after the registration forms are posted and you have read our F.A.Q

I checked out that other hotel before I booked into the main one. The 2.5 blocks looks a bit of a hike based on googlemaps, so I'm happy enough that I booked into the main hotel with the slightly higher fee.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------