View Poll Results: What is your toy preference for carry-over characters?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • All new moulds, even if they change forms early.

3 16.67%
  • Definitely new moulds if they don't change forms at all.

3 16.67%
  • Remoulds and redecos at least.

3 16.67%
  • Straight re-release of TF1 toys for those with the same forms.

7 38.89%
  • Didn't collect TF1 toys, so all are new.

2 11.11%

Thread: TF2 Movie toys preference for carry-over characters.

Default TF2 Movie toys preference for carry-over characters.

Just a quick poll.
    I was planning to have this as a non-spoiler poll in the discussions section, but felt that it will probably end up mentioning something eventually from the Movie, so it's in here to be on the safe side.

Basically, despite what has already been revealed or rumoured, THOSE OF YOU WHO INTEND TO BUY TF2 MOVIE TOYS, what sort of toys do you want to see for the carry-over characters that keep the same forms (even if it is just for the start of the movie)?
    - Completely new moulds to make them worth buying, even if they change forms early in the movie (and have a new toy for their new form).
    - Definitely new moulds if they keep the same form as the first Movie.
    - Slightly modified moulds and some recolouring, so that Hasbro doesn't look too cheap by re-releasing the same toys.
    - Straight re-releases, so you can just focus on the toys of their new forms (if they get new forms), and won't need to buy as many toys this time.
    - You didn't collect TF1 toys, so they will be all new to you when you buy them.

And if you are planning NOT to buy any TF2 toys, why not?
    Last edited by griffin; 31st December 2008 at 11:44 PM.

I plan to buy the toys though I hope to scale back from last time. In forming my collection statistics, TFM to almost 10% of my collection, not very far behind Classics 1.0/Classics 2.0 at all which to me just doesn't compute b/c I don't think the figures are worth it. Unless the toys see a marked improvement, I shouldn't be buying as much. I plan to buy all Scout through to Leader and perhaps Supreme size. Anything less or periphery (Legends, FABs, Slammers) will remain on the shelves.

I also plan to avoid a lot of merchandise unless its Robot Heroes but even then it'd better be good for me to warrant buying it. Last time I got sucked into the blasters which though fun (and were crazily cheap) I have no real purpose for or Robot Replicas (knock quality Revoltech) or stationary/posters and the like.

As for the toys, I chose option 3. As much as I want new molds I understand the necessity for the characters to preserve their looks to develop the brand of TFs. It just wouldn't make sense making wholesale changes to the toys. New weapons, different angles on alt modes etc.

Also I really hope we get better than subpar paint jobs and then having to go buy Premiums.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Definitely new moulds if they don't change forms at all.

I'd like to see how they can make them better with a (assumed) bigger budget and more refined auto-morph since it was first introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin
    - Straight re-releases, so you can just focus on the toys of their new forms (if they get new forms), and won't need to buy as many toys this time.
    ^This one. The TF1 characters will need to have a fairly significant difference for me to want to buy them again from TF2. (-_-)

I haven't been that impressed with what I've seen so far. It'll be a combination of what toys look good and what characters I like in the movie.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

I want new tools for Ratchet and Ironhide.

Ratchet needs a gun that folds out of his arm and a buzzsaw. Ironhide needs a mold that isn't RIDICULOUSLY FIDDLY.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.