Thread: Mighty Muggs Jazz and Shockwave...

Default Mighty Muggs Jazz and Shockwave...

Even though the first ones haven't been released yet, and my hope was these wouldn't be popular enough to see more released, 2 more have been listed on an online store - Jazz and Shockwave. No pics though, but those who are familiar with Mighty Muggs will know what to expect...
    http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/...z/Product.html

http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/...e/Product.html

These two aren't due for release until June, and are listed as Wave 3, so maybe the first wave is still some time off as well.
    I wonder if the four already known (Op, Meg, BBee, SWave) are two waves or just the first wave.

Oh heck... I just checked and those four ARE wave 1, and Starscream and Grimlock are wave 2...
    http://www.play.com/Search.aspx?sear...arch&pa=search

I'll try to contain my enthusiasm...

hmmm I like looking at Mighty Muggs TFs but looking will never equate to me buying.... yet. I just cant my head into it. It doesnt have any play value. Unlike Mr potato head Optimash ( which I havent opened for about 1 or so year now) which has at least alevel of play value with poseability and changing parts. the Muggs look nothing more than expensive (although cute) paperweights. Are they even that heavy to be used as paperweights?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Even though the first ones haven't been released yet, and my hope was these wouldn't be popular enough to see more released
    Thought the same with the movie turn arounds and look what happened.

I don't mind them. They could be better, but that is the nature of the figurine. I still prefer the Star Wars ones though
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    Thought the same with the movie turn arounds and look what happened.
    Actually, I only found out on Friday that the second pair were never released in America, suggesting that they were indeed a failure. But must have been too far in production to not produce them, or at least make some money out of the moulds.
    I think that's why we got flooded with heaps of them cheap at Toyworlds, because Hasbro US just didn't want them.

Actually, I only found out on Friday that the second pair were never released in America, suggesting that they were indeed a failure. But must have been too far in production to not produce them, or at least make some money out of the moulds.
    I think that's why we got flooded with heaps of them cheap at Toyworlds, because Hasbro US just didn't want them.
    touché

Well then, I'm surprised they haven't turned up at Myer. They would compliment those Megatron ones so well
    :P

I kinda hope Mighty Muggs are as much of a failure as the Turnarounds, but it'll mean getting a flood of them in Australia though if that did happen...

I kinda hope Mighty Muggs are as much of a failure as the Turnarounds, but it'll mean getting a flood of them in Australia though if that did happen...
    Its only natural that we get all the rejects and figures no one else wants.
    I blame the British for starting the trend with the first fleet
    :P

I've been really tempted by some Mighty Muggs figures, but I really don't want to start down that lane. Like liege said, there is little play value in these and yes, they are not even heavy enough to be paperweights.

I remain very tempted by Mighty Muggs Thanos, Ghost Rider, Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes though...

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I hope they fail too and then they realise that they just need to stick to real transformers and nerf guns.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------