Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
You actually once thought "modern is inferior"? Wow... on the whole I totally agree that G1 is absolutely a fragile and nostalgic throwback - as much as I love it.

Having said that there are several toys which are poorly made by modern standards - like Animated Grimlock and Blitzwing, by 2008 standards I find them to be rather underwhelming toys whereas G1 Blitzwing and Grimlock are very good toys by 1985 standards.

But so long as a modern toy is made well by modern standards, then I agree that modern is superior. Take Henkei Hound for example... that toy is pure awesomesauce. Or to use examples from Animated, Blackarachnia and Prowl. Very well done figures..
I'm surprised too, really. I always thought vintage US G1 was superior in my mind b/c it gave me exactly what I wanted, representations of the G1 characters I grew up on and drooled over in toy catalogues that I thought I would never have. Yet I think Classics/Henkei changed all that b/c I could get modern representations of the same characters and for me that substituted for G1. Of course, a lot of it is dependent on customs and Hasbro/Takara continuing with Classics (which I suspect they will) but G1 still does have a few things Classics still doesn't like the City Former, the combiner teams and the special teams.